Fuel flow transmitter??

theminiking

Hi guys! New to Zeds and really enjoying my first week of ownership :teeth:

.. But perhaps a little too much? So far my fuel consumption seems bit too good to be true?? Does anyone know if the zed uses a fuel flow transmitter for it's mpg calculations or does it use a standard fuel flow and injector pulse timing to work it out which could explain my miraculous mpg (47 on a long run! : headhurt: ) as I have 550cc injectors.

Laurie.

Is it an import - if so it could be kml you are seeing?

He's running larger injectors Col, 550CC vs 290/330CC of stock (depending on how you measure them). So if the car isnt boosted then pulses will be shorter than stock so the car thinks its using less fuel ;)

OP - post up your car details :thumbs:

I believe it was Dorians old Z. 54 plate GM, Vortech supercharger, Kinetix plenum and cats, Nismo exhaust, Zeitronix ZT2, 19" LMGT4s and loads of fun! Still getting used to it after my previous S14a and I'm sure I'll have alot more questions over the following months. Good to see the community here is as good as the SXOC :)

Plus the range will be out, when I fill my tank the range claims over 700 miles sometimes :bang:

My average since I`ve been SC`d is 31mpg :scare: Running 600cc on mine

:lol: I had that with mine aswell. I had less than 1/4 tank left & the DTE was 300 miles :lol:

Plus the range will be out, when I fill my tank the range claims over 700 miles sometimes :bang:

:lol: I had that with mine aswell. I had less than 1/4 tank left & the DTE was 300 miles :lol:

Does the fuel level still show the right thing? I'm sure mine used to go up and down if you booted it for a bit and then went back to driving sedately, somehow being linked to fuel usage. So if it thinks you are using sod all, it could say you have loads of fuel left when really you have nothing :surrender:

Does the fuel level still show the right thing? I'm sure mine used to go up and down if you booted it for a bit and then went back to driving sedately, somehow being linked to fuel usage. So if it thinks you are using sod all, it could say you have loads of fuel left when really you have nothing :surrender:

It showed permanently empty :lol:

Was a lot of fun judging fuel levels when I had no centre gauges & had to rely on the fuel gauge :blush:

Is that what you get or what the trip shows?

I managed 18 mpg on the drive back from AME yesterday :lol:

The level sensor in the tank is very delicate. Ian you probably knocked yours when doing the pump or frs, mine works just fine.

The empty bit was a joke ;):blush:

My level worked fine, it just emptied tanks of fuel at an alarming rate :blush:

The level sensor in the tank is very delicate. Ian you probably knocked yours when doing the pump or frs, mine works just fine.

:lol: Yes I can do a 1/4 tank in 15minutes on a good day :teeth:

No I don`t get 31 :thumbdown: When we done Wales in May I avg 27 on the way up, & 23 thoughout the entire weekend.

Since then I havn`t bothered working it out, Just fill it up when it needs it :thumbs:

Best policy with a Zed :thumbs:

:lol: Yes I can do a 1/4 tank in 15minutes on a good day :teeth:

No I don`t get 31 :thumbdown: When we done Wales in May I avg 27 on the way up, & 23 thoughout the entire weekend.

Since then I havn`t bothered working it out, Just fill it up when it needs it :thumbs: