Got nudged in the back end, slightly upset...

tc350z

Ok, so I decided to go for a wee run in Zed through town as you do on a Saturday night. Purely cause I just finished work and haven’t driven him in weeks, not tired, nice weather blah,blah,blah... (I’m not a ned, I promise) so at the traffic lights a whole bunch of neds were fighting , running round the cars, trough on-coming traffic etc and with all the commotion the lights finally turned green and the chap behind me thought I started to drive, but little did he know I was just about to release my handbrake... ka-boom! Inspected the car, bumper looks fine from what I can tell with the limited street lighting there was, the chap was really cooperative and sympathetic about the situation admitted liability gave and me his details, said he has a pride and joy of his own and knows how it feels. Now my knowledge of cars is very dim, so I was wondering if folks can give me any advice and what to look for to see if there’s any internal damage caused i.e. broken clips? I don’t have any parking sensors and it’s not modified, so a bog standard bumper.

Cheers, Tony

Firstly check the bumper alignment, make sure that the fitment is straight and true. Check your rear light clusters are secure.

Get under the car and check all the brackets also :thumbs: Depending on where he hit I would also look at the exhaust tips for alignment also.

As the bumpers are plastic, they do have some flex and durability. You should be able to see where he hit from scuff marks/cracks in the paint/bumper (depending on how hard he hit you).

I hope its all ok :console:

Firstly check the bumper alignment, make sure that the fitment is straight and true. Check your rear light clusters are secure.

Get under the car and check all the brackets also :thumbs: Depending on where he hit I would also look at the exhaust tips for alignment also.

As the bumpers are plastic, they do have some flex and durability. You should be able to see where he hit from scuff marks/cracks in the paint/bumper (depending on how hard he hit you).

I hope its all ok :console:

Bumper is still aligned and correct where it meets the rear quarter, light clusters are still intact (no breakage) and I have noticed a scuff mark where he hit me it’s pretty small and would polish off. Haven’t been under the car yet, and to be honest I probably just thought it was a bigger knock that it really was and just wanted to rant on the form :shrug:

but thanks for your advice on what to look at for, gave me some reassurance that its not a biggy after all...

:thumbs: cheers!

Get the pics up then probably :pmzmanalex: to replace anything you need. :lol:

Didnt post pics because it would be of an intact/normal rear bumper. Thanks

Where abouts in Glasgow are you based mate?

Woodlands, near the west end bud. why? is there a meet coming our way in Glesga? :clap:

Woodlands, near the west end bud. why? is there a meet coming our way in Glesga? :clap:

Just dont see that many zeds kicking about town. Umm not sure.. I no longer do the meets in Scotland lol retired. Neilp is now the organiser... I will say to him later if he has anything up his sleeve :thumbs:

Just dont see that many zeds kicking about town. Umm not sure.. I no longer do the meets in Scotland lol retired. Neilp is now the organiser... I will say to him later if he has anything up his sleeve :thumbs:

"kicking about town"? I take it your doing your rounds at night then :drive1

and yeh the only zed i've seen alot is the silver vailside kitted one with "topsecret" decals plastered all over it? other than that not seen many or any for that matter myself.