Question for you Gym people

nixy

I would agree with Wabbit.........if you believed the spiel you'd think you are going to be all ripped up after 5 mins of these shakes.

I'm a really hard gainer and even taking protien and creatine (which I might add is bloody awful stuff) I only put 8kgs on over 3 months.

I stopped for about a month and lost the lot.

I've given up now and spend more time sat on my arse!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree with Wabbit.........if you believed the spiel you'd think you are going to be all ripped up after 5 mins of these shakes.

I'm a really hard gainer and even taking protien and creatine (which I might add is bloody awful stuff) I only put 8kgs on over 3 months.

Its like those fatburners you can buy. "turbo anabolic extreme fat blaster shredder ninja burners" it says on the tin. When in reality all they do is maybe suppress your appetite a little and raise your body temperature slightly so you naturally burn a little more calories off. Nothing compares to the simple calorie watching and doing a bit of exercise.

The fat burners make you high as a kite and give you the heart rate of a serial killer on a job.

T5's are poison! They also give you a massive come down like you've been on a coke binge everyday.

The person on here who I have spoken to that knows more than almost anybody I've ever spoken to is T-price. He's even selling his supercharged zed to fund his bodybuilding career. His training partner is an absolute monster also lol. I think the last time I spoke to him he was on about 6k calories or more a day :scare:

Interesting thread for me as I've recently started doing quite a bit of exercise after a lifetime of avoiding it. (I've always been quite active and never significantly over-weight, but never really exercised for the sake of it. Recently (at 43) I started to get a belly on me and since there's a history of heart disease in my family I thought it was time to do something about it. I'm not really a gym person so I bought a decent running machine. I've been using it for half an hour six days a week, gradually upping the speed and following the run by doing some weights, sit ups etc.

At the beginning I was up at 6.00 every day before work, as I preferred that to doing it after work when I'm knackered. Unfortunately our poor old neighbours told me recently that the noise had been waking them up, so I've switched to the evening before I eat. I find that eating a cereal bar mid afternoon helps with my energy.

To begin with I found being on the machine boring, but the one thing that really made a difference was listening to music on my headphones - I find that really helps me. Six weeks in and it's really starting to make a difference to how I look. I feel a lot better in myself as well - finally understand why people say exercise makes you feel good and can be addictive :thumbs:

... I really must have been missing a long time for someone to say am I a man!! :lol:

Bobby - meet Nix - she's a girrrrrrl :lol::lol:

Nix - look at the willy waving contest you've started with one mention of the Gym :doh::lol:

I've not seen any willies yet!

The fat burners make you high as a kite and give you the heart rate of a serial killer on a job.

T5's are poison! They also give you a massive come down like you've been on a coke binge everyday.

Which fat burners are they? I need to try them. None of the over the counter ones seem to do anything these days. Where as back in the day most of them contained stimulants like speed etc to make you rush around everywhere & loose calories.

Which fat burners are they? I need to try them. None of the over the counter ones seem to do anything these days. Where as back in the day most of them contained stimulants like speed etc to make you rush around everywhere & loose calories.

Its the ones with Ephedrine in them........they're banned in many countries as they've effectively got Amphetamines in them. Apparently they send you loopy.

I've tried that testosterone booster as well (see if I could grow some pubes).........they give you whacky dreams.

Basically its all a load of shite..........like the ebay modders sticker says, you want "built not bought"

Only? 8kgs in 3 months? 8lbs of of lean muscle would be a lot in 3 months, no?

Its the ones with Ephedrine in them........they're banned in many countries as they've effectively got Amphetamines in them. Apparently they send you loopy.

I've tried that testosterone booster as well (see if I could grow some pubes).........they give you whacky dreams.

Basically its all a load of shite..........like the ebay modders sticker says, you want "built not bought"

If your wanting testosterone, best just getting injections. T400 or similar. Training on steroids is hard. People think its cheating but its not. Your diet has to be perfect an you have to train very very hard.

Most over the counter stuff is crap.

Black mamba and t5's are usually available from behind the counter at most bodybuilding stores. They are an e.c.a stack and cause crazy nightmares, depression etc as your are literally taking speed.

Start doing squats Ricey, it makes your test levels go up. Legs are very important when training but probably the most forgotten about tbh as you end up in agony or a week afterwards.

If your wanting testosterone, best just getting injections. T400 or similar. Training on steroids is hard. People think its cheating but its not. Your diet has to be perfect an you have to train very very hard.

Most over the counter stuff is crap.

Black mamba and t5's are usually available from behind the counter at most bodybuilding stores. They are an e.c.a stack and cause crazy nightmares, depression etc as your are literally taking speed.

Start doing squats Ricey, it makes your test levels go up. Legs are very important when training but probably the most forgotten about tbh as you end up in agony or a week afterwards.

T400 eh? Sounds like i need to look out for some of that stuff then..

Yeah it was some sort of weird TMA or something like that.........they weren't roids - they were part of some sort of 'stack' deal with my protien.

I've decided to just move into middle aged obscurity now anyway.........training is too much like hard work :lol:

... I really must have been missing a long time for someone to say am I a man!! :lol:

Bobby - meet Nix - she's a girrrrrrl :lol::lol:

Nix - look at the willy waving contest you've started with one mention of the Gym :doh::lol:

Haha sorry Nix, my mistake.

Always nice to meet a girl who takes her workouts seriously :thumbs:

My advice regarding any of these protein supplements, energy boosts is to always read the label.

If it says "Stir with a fork" then do that, and don't shake it (unless you want it to explode all over your kitchen, which is what happened to me once!!). :bang:

Hahahahahahaha ROFL !! I found this out also !! :lol::lol: