clifford G4 glowing sticker fitting?

skidder

Evening,

I've got an old clifford alarm in my new GT4 that i'm picking up next week.

My car is stored in my work car park all night and isn't renowned for a great area(i'm in blackbird leys,oxford),Its known for theft of catalytic converters(where they actually saw them off),theft from vehicles etc.the list goes on...

Anyway I thought of putting one of these on just to hopefully keep the thieves away if possible.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clifford-G4-G ... 2ec01b272a

I know its a cheapskate option but looks pretty cool and the alarms ok and fairly loud so I don't feel I need to spend 1500 quid on a G5.

Does anybody know if its easy to wire in?

I guess you just feed it from a power source?radio etc?

Cheers in advance,

Chris

Hiya it's not as expensive as you think for a G5 alarm I had a clifford avantguard supplied and fitted for I think it was 650 i did buy on top of this a gsm tracker/controller which was around 200 more but this send me a txt if the car gets stollen and the alarm triggers I can also txt the unit to get its location.

I don't think it's worth buying that led get the full alarm for better piece of mind :)

Given the general nature of the crime you've described in your area, i'm not sure the sticker is such a good idea. If there was a massive problem with stolen-to-order or something then it might be an effective deterrent, but it's not going to stop someone taking an angle grinder to your cats ( :scare: poor kitties) and it's unlikely to stop some little scrote caving in your window in search of spare change. I think all it will really do is sit there glowing and drawing attention to the car, which may not be the effect you're after.

DB