Best place to get a car check done

Gudzy

Im looking at getting another car as a track toy and want to do the usual checks that its not been written off, no outstanding finance etc.

Which is the best/ cheapest place to get such a check done that people use?

Another vote for HPI here.

Don't forget that these checks won't catch a logbook loan, but then nothing will so no point worrying about it I guess.

It's a '94 eunos roadster so they wouldn't be able to get much for it through a log book loan as a worst case scenario.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Have you got any friends that work in car sales? While you won't get a guarantee they get the checks done for pennies (i.e: < 10p!). Personally I don't think they're offering that much with a guarantee anyway, if the car comes up clean on the HPI there's little risk of something being wrong enough that they'd pay out on.

Have you got any friends that work in car sales? While you won't get a guarantee they get the checks done for pennies (i.e: < 10p!). Personally I don't think they're offering that much with a guarantee anyway, if the car comes up clean on the HPI there's little risk of something being wrong enough that they'd pay out on.

I can't think of anyone I know in car sales off the top of my head unfortunately. Would be good if I did as I just want to know what it comes back with, I'm not really bothered about the guarantee.

Cheers for the advice though, I'll rack my brain for anyone I know in the car biz.

• 2 months later...