renault Alpine A110 concept might get built

rtbiscuit

I loved my french car when i had it; was a great Pug 306GTi6 and although not quiet as mighty as the 205GTi i think the 306GTi6 was possibly the last decent car pug built.

the clios and megans from renault never really tempted me, and nothing from citreon has even raised an eyebrow from me. so for the last 10 years i've kind of sidelined my french fetish.

until today i saw the links to renaults new alpine concept. they've gone and built a fully working alpine A110 and i have to say i think its looking pretty damn fine.

renault-alpine-a110-50-concept-vs-original-alpine-a110-photo-gallery_17.jpg

renault-alpine-a110-50-concept-vs-original-alpine-a110-photo-gallery_4.jpg

renault-alpine-a110-50-concept-vs-original-alpine-a110-photo-gallery_8.jpg

The old and the new

renault-alpine-a110-50-concept-vs-original-alpine-a110-photo-gallery-medium_15.jpg

I really hope they build it, i have no idea of a price bracket, what it handles like or anything, but its a pretty car. :thumbs:

for those who haven't seen the topgear article here is the link

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/renaul ... ?imageNo=0

sorry more details

the concept isbuilt and based on Renault's Megane Trophy car, a spaceframe racer about as road legal as a Top Fuel dragster. It uses the race car's 400bhp, 3.5-litre V6, driving the rear wheels through a six-speed sequential gearbox.

the race-ready V6 won't stay, a production Alpine probably using some version of the 2.0-litre turbo four-cylinder from the RenaultSport Megane. That engine makes 247bhp in the hot hatch, but could easily be bumped up to 300bhp or so. A modest-displacement powerplant remains faithful to the original A110 philosophy

Renault is targeting a kerbweight under 1,000kg for the production Alpine. Good news indeed.

and they plan to keep it RWD as well

i think they're aiming at around lotus elise pricing :teeth:

Seems like a car I'd have to see in person to like or not, it's possibly a bit Marmite. Generally I like it, but as an example, what on earth are the round bits next to the headlights? I can't see any point in them apart from styling - they just seem wrong!

Seems like a car I'd have to see in person to like or not, it's possibly a bit Marmite. Generally I like it, but as an example, what on earth are the round bits next to the headlights? I can't see any point in them apart from styling - they just seem wrong!

i believe they are a nod to the original which had 2 extra lights.

Styling isn't a million miles away from this.

Koenigsegg-Agrea-R.jpg

Looks like a fantastic car. They could pull the strings and drop the VQ from the 370Z in.

You know, seeing as it's a renault engine anyway.... ;):lol::lol:

come on stew you should know this by now, big engines are on the way out, especially in cheaper cars. the zed Vq engine is soon to be a relic. small and turbo's what this will get. especially if they want to keep the weight to 1000kg

thats elise fighting country that is. :teeth:

A pic I got at Goodwood on the Friday

P1020227.jpg

and my excuse of a video taken on the Sunday - the noise was to die for :cloud9:

th_Alpineontrack.jpg

But if you really want to see (and hear :D) more then check this vid out:

http://motor-sport.tv/video/motor-sport ... otorsport/

The downshifts are something else :cloud9:

And Auto Express reckons its yours for £40k - I've put my name down :D

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/renault/59 ... cost-ps40k

don't panic ricey by the looks of the media reports the job of building the alpine A110 might be being built by lotus as well as the infinite emerg-E

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default ... ryId=26166

both cars being built together using the new evora platform would mean lotus get a life line and build 3 cars. all mid engine RWD and the evora and emerg-e would both be running electric tech.

looks like some great cars for 2014/2015 :thumbs: