Bad motorway driving (M6)

Beavis

Just driven to Liverpool airport and back to pick my brother up and i have to say driving there was an absolute nightmare, i was thinking it must be national numpty day. No one in slow lane everyone either in the middle or fast lane, and for gods sake they were driving on each others rears with nothing to spare......they were tap dancing on the brake pedal every ten seconds...no wonder there is a pile up every 2 minutes. I have not driven on the motorway for a while but the standard of driving was crap. :angry::rant:

I agree...my red mist kicks in as soon as I joint the motorway... every time... I have UK motorways... sorry no ... I hate UK motorway drivers...

On this subject... undertaking is illegal... yes, but in the event that someone is on the third lane at 69mph, and there is no car in the second lane and crawler lane...

If I was to... say ... for example.... :blush: go onto the crawler lane and pass the car on the third lane... is this considered undertaking?

I know this sounds like a stupid question... but there could be an argument to say since there is no one in the second lane, you are not "directly" undertaking anyone...

Otherwise the guy in the third lane should be paying 3 times road tax, as he is forcing everyone not to use these 3 lanes while he is there pottling along in his own little effin world... :rant:

You know in the rules of the road here in Ireland it is ok to undertake someone if they are in the wrong lane and don't pull in when a faster vehicle approaches. This of course assumes you are traveling at the speed limit and they are not.

Guy

I often undertake people if they are in the wrong lane - the altnative is to sit behind them for 2 miles flashing your lights until they stop filling the crossword or whatever they're doing and notice you behind them. Then they often decide to brake for you for daring to want to pass them and stay exactly where they were.. less hassle for everyone involved to undertake without fuss.. B)

vauxhall vectra drivers are the worst - they can't imagine anyone wanting to drive over 100 (kmh of course officer!) and will refuse to move out of the outside lane under any circumstances short of the lane being blocked by a nuclear explosion..

Dont get me started, i had to drive back from Coventry this morning after seeing the Princess and the drivers are awful!

In fact at one point on the M1 between J14 and 13, there were 3 lorries all doing about 50 taking up every lane!!!!!!! Ooooh i was so annoyed at that!