phat 350z

Zedrush

can i ask, how much roughly is the 2004 cubby to buy from nissan??

thanks

sounds nice :)

the race is on!..

(even though I have all the parts ready - execpt the 2003 nav cubby which I am ordering on tuesday) I still reckon it will take me about 6 months to get it sorted!)

I have replaced the stock headunit with one with audio input and will be plugging the pc sound into that and from there it goes via the original bose setup..

thinking I will take it to a pro to get the wiring sorted - assuming they don't want an arm and a leg..

(oh and I have nismo exhaust and kinetix plenum and hi-flow cats ordered now too - great minds think alike, Zedrush!)

Guest prescience
Hi wow thats a lot of bhp where did you buy it from if you dont mind me asking and how much

I was lucky cos I bought it from 350zonlinestore.com who went bust about 6 weeks later :surrender:

If I were buying again I would go to Sharif here ... www.forgedperformance.com

(search for Vortech).

Installation will cost about £1k (not including gauges, and you should prob. have those) - so you could get within your budget. Of course your HKS intake becomes superfluous to requirements and can be sold to offset a bit

Nice supercharging :thumbs:

Cool just wanna say a big thankyou to Sl114 for giving me the idea of mac install, also big thankyou (sarcastic tone) for making me spend even more money yet again, you lot always seem to influence me to go along with things gits :lol::thumbs:

OK - I went to the dealer just now and had a chat with the parts guy, seems he can't order the part I need.. He found the right part number (which I dont have with me right now) but his product sheet for that part only went back to 07/2003 and the part was unchanged until 2005.. I think if we want the 2003 version of the cubby then we will need to order it from USA as it was phased out before/when the 350Z was first sold in UK..

if anyone knows differently please let me know!!

(I will post the part number here later)

Yes if you have a 2004+ (well last half of 2003+) model then you will have a newer cubby that has a more complicated mechanism for the door that will make fitting a screen a pain.. the 2003 cubby had a simpler door mechanism and was in fact composed of 2 main parts - the back part can be taken off the 2003 cubby and the screen fitted easilly into it..

to make the screen fit into the 2004+ cubby you would have to cut away a large part of the cubby (ie just behind the front plate of it) and mount the screen to the front, then fabricate a bracket to attach to the screen housing that would in turn attach to the door mechanism..

of course an alternative would be to do away with the cubby and fabricate (or have a shop fabricate) a custom housing for the space that the cubby now occupies to hold the screen.. although I think this would be more expensive and harder myself (especially if it was to incorporate a covering door, which is a good plan for security reasons in my view)..