Update to my 200mph Zed

Plummerman

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=60064

Three times yesterday my speedo went off the scale when I wasn't even moving.. Took car into Nissan this morning, full electrical check. No problem, checked the battery all ok.. Just picked it up, 2 mins down the road and off it goes again. Speedo maxing out, miles clocking up like the wheel of fortune :scare:

But a pattern is forming. It happens whenever it is sunny and always when the driver side wheel is in the sunlight.. So with that in mind where abouts is the speed sensor etc? I'm wondering if the heat is playing havoc with it?

Or if anyone else can offer some input rather than Nissan's gracious offer of " it's gotta be your speedo unit there's a piece of tape on it so someone has messed with it" and it's 500 quid for a new one :rant:

Come on daft lad it's a computer FFS it has to have input to reply

Please anyone, days like this are meant for Zedding but I can't as I'll have done a 1000miles driving to the end of the street :shrug:

Sounds like it might be a dry joint or something inside the speedo, which is being affected by the heat. Ive not had this happen on a zed, but on one of my previous cars, the trip computer / readout in the speedo cluster used to show all sorts of weird things in summer when the car had been sitting in the sun - due to a similar issue.