Rear axle clicking. At speed not when setting off?

*Benj*

Hi,

Apologies if this has been covered, even though I cannot find a verdict to my specific problem.

Today randomly during a day out, a clicking noise appeared from the left hand side of the car. It sounded like from the back. I looked on here, but most stories of the 'clicky' driveshaft happened when setting off or reversing, however my 350 starts clicking at around 30-40mph getting faster as I drive faster? If a normal garage has to grease the shaft how much is the going rate? Or how easy is it for a novice to the DIY fix?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi,

Apologies if this has been covered, even though I cannot find a verdict to my specific problem.

Today randomly during a day out, a clicking noise appeared from the left hand side of the car. It sounded like from the back. I looked on here, but most stories of the 'clicky' driveshaft happened when setting off or reversing, however my 350 starts clicking at around 30-40mph getting faster as I drive faster? If a normal garage has to grease the shaft how much is the going rate? Or how easy is it for a novice to the DIY fix?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Check that the rotor dirt shield is not infringing on the rotor.

Check your pads, especially the inner rear for wear.

1 hour to grease and rotate, easy if you are handy with spanners, there is a guide in the guides section I think.

Alex. :)