i want one of these!

p40ulw

I actually bought one of these recently and it's sitting in my flat waiting to be fitted. I'll let you know how it fits over the weekend although I expect a little alteration will be needed for NA cars as looking at the second image in the e-bay page you can see about half of the air vents are covered. So you'd either need to bend the ends upwards or cut the ends off although I don't know if that would actually cause a performance decrease. BTW, the slam panel is burnt TI unlike the second image which just appears to be polished/silver.

Having said that, I'm planning on supercharging (probably next year) so my slam panel will stay flat as those air vents won't be used. The current plan is to get the GTM supercharger but get some custom burnt ti tubes made, along with this slam panel, weapon-r burnt titanium tanks and some gram lights 57s pro with titanium style lip... I reckon that would make a nice little project "kuro rainbow". :thumbs:

It's not covered really, as the air flow comes from the mouth of the bumper, hits the flat underneath of the panel and into the air intake area. It's almost the same concept as the carbon ones except that's moulded.

Don't forget there will be no or minimal air between the hood and bumper so all the air comes under and in via the panel. I sure it'd be fine.

I may still go ahead with doing these panels as a flat sheet doesn't need any moulding. I have a supplier for the materials, just need to cut and get them finished in a burnt effect.

Could run a quick taster of 10 and see how they go. Problem is titanium isn't cheap.

Could run a quick taster of 10 and see how they go. Problem is titanium isn't cheap.

Well these are about £150 including import tax, so I guess it depends if you can do them cheaper or better quality. Oh, these e-bay ones come from Taiwan not the US as per the e-bay ad.

• 1 month later...

Well I just got around to trying to fit this, thought it would take a few minutes... unfortunately although the panel fits fine, the holes are a) slightly out of alignment and B) too small for the clips to fit through.

Guess I'll have to butcher a few drill bits in an attempt to make the holes in titanium bigger. :rant:

I finally fitted the tax disc holder that I bought about 2 years ago as well! :blush: