BP 102 RON

monkfish

I know i've seen this somewhere so sorry for repetition - do you have to use super unleaded in the Z or can you use normal?

Best to use super unleaded...nissan recommend it 98 ron. But will run on the gnats **** 95 stuff but not recommended for long periods :thumbs:

95 RON is ok for regular use in city driving, if you are going to drive track-style then you need 98 RON definetely.

As far as I understand Tesco 99 is a bit of a lottery... They will buy petrol from the major petrol suppliers (BP, ESSO, SHELL etc...) whoever is selling cheapes at that time...and buy in bulk at the lowest price.

They then take it to this company which creates ethanol from enviro friendly crops, and this will bump up the RON rating to a minimum of 99. they also add some cleaning additives to help maintain good engine performance....

You can probably expect tesco stuff to be a minim of 98RON, but you could be lucky, if tescos get a "good batch" of petrol , add the ethanol stuff, and end up with something rated at 102... :yahoo: but this is probably a lottery...

anyway nothing wrong with tescos stuff... me thinks...

I always use the super stuff as i have read it can take upto 60 miles for the ecu to remap itself!!! And i remember when i first had the car the guy before had run it on 95 ron, when i filled the tank with super for a run to Wales it took a while for the engine to settle down it was very racy at idle. ;)