Opinions please. I can actually afford this one...

Blackcoffee

I rebuilt an engine (2004 motor) with around 30,000 miles on it that had really worn rings from fuel wash and smoked like a trooper (bores were ok after a hone), my own engine with similar mileage smoked badly too ( AMS have this now but don't think it's been stripped yet so don't know where the wear was), but ... Abbey supercharged a Z with 140000 miles on it with good results and no problems, so basically, you'll have to judge each car on it's own merits regarding mileage and wear.

Unfortunately the cats can hide (burn off) a lot of oil smoke until it gets really bad, then you'll see it easier, so it's not that easy to tell the condition unless the seller is totally honest with you and tells you how much oil he puts in per 1000 miles.

higher mileage is often a safer bet, if it was going to show any major issues it should have done so already.

downside is you might need to replace the odd consumable or susspension part if they are a little worn out. best bet is to go check it out. see if its sound if so then its not a bad bet.