Machinarium and Botanicula

twobears

I am hooked on Machinarium. I really love the over world with all those weird machines dripping oil and pipes that could lead anywhere. Has anyone played Botanicula? I want to think that there is something else to look forward to when I have, hopefully, got to the end of Machinarium :blush:

It does look awesome, but I 'm waiting for the android version to come out.

Errr.... yeah me too :thumbs::wacko::lol:

Yes I know that sounds like it'll be a better version or something :lol: I'd have bought it on Steam if i had a decent laptop.

It is addictive. I am rationing myself to two hours per night :lol: I love graphic novels and it reminds me of those.

Sarnie, Google it. I'm not even a gamer at heart but everything about this appeals from the artwork, graphics, puzzles, heck, even the music is good :thumbs:

I'm saying nothing :wacko::D

Damn it!!!!!

Something else to waste my time on now !!!!

45 minutes to finish the demo........ I'm not good at games, but now feel i want the full version.

Damn you Twobears :rant:

But I know you love me really Builder49 :p Anyway, it's fun and if I get stuck on a level I can ask you 'cos you are bound to have solved all the puzzles :D

Twobears, im thinking of purchasing this. Where did you purchase yours from? Was it online with codes sent via email?

If my life is overrun and further ruined by the addiction I'm sure will follow, then my family will hunt you down and make you suffer for the distress you have caused my tiny little brain!!!! :lol:

And of course I love you, but then of course I'd pass you in the streeet and not have a clue who you were, so tell your hubby not to worry ;)

God I'm far better looking than that !!!!, and no stupid facial hair now. Also baby smooth skin since I've followed the 'shaving' thread :lol:

And he isnt a proper builder....... far too clean, and his tool hasn't been used recently ! ;)

Thanks for that Ricey :thumbdown: Now everyone knows what I look like, including Builder49's family, so it will be easy for them to track me down. I'm the one on the right by the way, with the light brown fur. Do you think I should have put on a bit more make-up?

Back to being serious - I bought mine from the Apple App store for my iPad2 and it only cost £2.99. Bargain :thumbs: You can get it from Steam if you want to play it on other devices.

In my mind builder49 & twobears look like this....

$(KGrHqR,!hwE8(wQPlTwBPIdrfo4WQ~~60_35.JPG

+

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTs-h5WnrMslZoef46Gd0DX6jqwMvzQKH7dg74ZgT7ZQVa0Gp5NfSVkscGZWQ

LOL, sort of hoping you're right Dave :thumbs:

Just need to get rid of her hubby now......... So where did i put my shovel, and does anyone have a patio they need building ;)

:lol:

I do have a surprisingly large collection of whips but I only use them on dumb animals. Make of that what you will :scare: Bear in mind (ooh, I love a good pun me :lol: ) that the photo Ricey posted is one that he got from my Mum when he asked her for her favourite snapshot of me :thumbs:

Ah, good we are finally back on topic - yay :thumbs:

The game is very reminiscent of a graphic novel, think Brian Talbot's Grandville and similar, and the player character is a robot called Josef. He has to find his girlfriend and best friend (both robots too, naturally) and he does this by solving puzzles and finding things. When you write it down it sounds a bit humdrum and derivative but it really isn't. The artwork is wonderful in a sort of Heath Robinson meets Dr Seuss way, the music is haunting and doesn't get on your wick like it does in some games and it is addictive so don't blame me if you decide to buy it. In fact, don't buy it if your family might hunt me down as well 'cos I'm too busy avoiding Builder49's family at the moment :headhurt:

DoogyRev, no, the robot remains fully clothed at all times .... or does he? :dry:

Doogy, what Annie and I get up to isnt a game, we can BEARly control ourselves. She WHIPS through the different LEVELS and i HAMMER along to try and keep up with her....... She does struggle to MASK her annoyance at me being cleverer at solving the puzzle elements of the game. She has been playing longer than me, and likes to DOMINATE, but i'm a pretty sharp TOOL and wont be BEATEN.......

Maybe i should have put a CLAWS in that said she cant BOB THE BUILDER !!!!!

:p;)

Doogy, what Annie and I get up to isnt a game, we can BEARly control ourselves. She WHIPS through the different LEVELS and i HAMMER along to try and keep up with her....... She does struggle to MASK her annoyance at me being cleverer at solving the puzzle elements of the game. She has been playing longer than me, and likes to DOMINATE, but i'm a pretty sharp TOOL and wont be BEATEN.......

Maybe i should have put a CLAWS in that said she cant BOB THE BUILDER !!!!!

:p;)

:lol: epic