Shaving - Random topic.

Stew

Way to go guys :clap:

I thought twobears topics were some of the better ones on here lately, certainly not everyones cup of tea at all but as Stew quite rightly said you don't have to read them or comment...

They were most certainly off topic but no more than this is or 100 other threads about football / cycling etc etc and just because someone asks questions that actually make you think about yourself doesn't make them a psychologist.

Some of the comments on here are just downright sexist, yes it is a male orientated forum but that doesn't excuse it.

I doubt Annie will be posting again now which a lot of you will be very glad about as you will now not have to keep checking in your pants to see if you are actually a man or not :lol: a real shame as if you actually look at some of her posts you will see she genuinely loves her car she just didn't know enough about exhausts, plenum spacers or remaps to join in with 99% of the threads on here....

Yes she is as mad as a box of frogs and that is why I will miss her, so again well done guys :clap:

I think you must have missed the bit where she posted on this thread stating how boring it was. She didn't have to post this, no one made her do it. She could have ignored the thread like most of us ignored hers. She even posted this on Stew's thread, who was the one moderator that protected her threads by telling people to not post if they didn't like her threads, which has been duely taken on board by most.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it was her threads that cause this Dave. I think it was more the way she spat the dummy out on this thread that provoked people to react the way they did.

You never win against the mods :shrug: I learned the hard way :blush:

So commenting on here after all the comments on her threads (justified or not) is spitting the dummy out :shrug:

Seems like too many in here know how to push a females buttons, and I am not talking about the ones that guarantee a happy ending :wink:

Im not so sure Dave. I think she may know how to push guys button and more than likely anticipated this reaction. It was a direct "attack" at stews post which kinda kicked it off.

We are a majority male forum and we will never understand what women think, except those who regularly wear heels and suspenders ;):lol: , we will try but we ultimately fail.

I think that posting on here has caused this reaction due to the fact we are a male dominant forum and this thread is something all of us guys relate to and possibly have an interest in so when we see a woman acting this way we feel it's our duty and power to say, " hold the bus... Back in your box woman!! " :shrug::)

so when we see a woman acting this way we feel it's our duty and power to say, " hold the bus... Back in your box woman!! " :shrug::)

Hooooooooooooooly shiiiiit :doh:

I'll just make it totally clear that isn't what I was doing.......just offering some advice from one mentol to another.

This is my favourite looking straight blade

l_DOV-STR-PEA.jpg

but i think i might start off with one of these

l_DOV-STR-SHA.jpg

as there is a lot of prep work in keeping a straight blade razor sharp.

already have a badger brush. but will keep with my current gel, and the clinic happy is very soothing. as has been said before hot face makes a lot of difference. i usually shave straight after a shower.

and its better to use cold water to shave in,

it should be hot face cold shaving water, cold water on face after shave, and then moisturise.

Way to go guys :clap:

I thought twobears topics were some of the better ones on here lately, certainly not everyones cup of tea at all but as Stew quite rightly said you don't have to read them or comment...

They were most certainly off topic but no more than this is or 100 other threads about football / cycling etc etc and just because someone asks questions that actually make you think about yourself doesn't make them a psychologist.

Some of the comments on here are just downright sexist, yes it is a male orientated forum but that doesn't excuse it.

I doubt Annie will be posting again now which a lot of you will be very glad about as you will now not have to keep checking in your pants to see if you are actually a man or not :lol: a real shame as if you actually look at some of her posts you will see she genuinely loves her car she just didn't know enough about exhausts, plenum spacers or remaps to join in with 99% of the threads on here....

Yes she is as mad as a box of frogs and that is why I will miss her, so again well done guys :clap:

I am 75% with SMD on this. I would be 100% if it hadn't been for twobears original "boring" posting which wasn't particularly necessary but I guess she was, in turn, reacting to responses on her threads and their "relegation" to the Green Room. Equally (perhaps being of the age group I am) I would be unlikely to start a posting about shaving requisites without expecting some flack. When I was a lad you only had to mention any male grooming matter to be beaten to a pulp. :lol: And so it goes on...... :wacko:

I don't shave very often, and when i do its with my beard trimmer with the head off. i only wet shave round my beard for big meetings and special occasions. which means when i shave if i go against the grain it can get sore.

just done a search and its clinique i use not clinic :lol::blush:

need to check which one though as i don't think it is the "happy" might be the post shave healer.

i'll check tonight stew, but its very good.

I don't shave very often, and when i do its with my beard trimmer with the head off. i only wet shave round my beard for big meetings and special occasions. which means when i shave if i go against the grain it can get sore.

just done a search and its clinique i use not clinic :lol::blush:

need to check which one though as i don't think it is the "happy" might be the post shave healer.

i'll check tonight stew, but its very good.

Clinique stuff is generally very good. They have a fragrance called happy, I have it in my cupboard!

The straight blade looks ace, that disposable one is pretty cool!

NeilP, you should try a single blade, I was terrified first time out but it's so much nicer. It's just getting routine correct as you can see from this thread.

Rich you ever shaved with a cut throat? They got that name for a reason. You can get close enough with a slant safety razor or double egged safety razor. Plus cut throats involve a lot of stretching you skin and angle of blade.

Lol true enough I use Treet Platinums. They are proper sharp but not scary sharp like feathers. My beard grows fairly thick but not stubbly so it dulls super sharp blades quickly. Saying that I found derby's to tug slightly. Treet Platinums are super cheap too. Feathers work out more but my brother shaves everyday and the closeness and comfort are worth the extra few pence a day.

Oddly enough though the blade can make a massive difference you how nice your shave is. Feathers are great as even when my beard is long and thick it goes right through it. If you cut yourself it doesn't even hurt. But on a daily basis I prefer the TP's.

I personally found that most of these after shave "solutions" where not great. Try cold water than olive oil if you don't have coconut oil. It will soak in and soothe much better. only a little bit though :lol: oh and before that try the alum block. You can buy these in some health shops and Online.

I used to use shaving shack but a guy on eBay does most of the stuff I want called Connaught shaving. Just email him to try see if he does what you want. I usually buy my blades in 100's as I know I like them but I'm sure he does "taster" packs with different blades. I think he has a website too.

Have you checked out mantic's video's on YouTube?

i always liked the idea of a cut throat as a proper mans shave, but never tried it. hence why i was thinking of doing it. maye the safety razor is the way to go. as notmal razors do a nice job, but never get as close as i would like with my thick stubble.

i always liked the idea of a cut throat as a proper mans shave, but never tried it. hence why i was thinking of doing it. maye the safety razor is the way to go. as notmal razors do a nice job, but never get as close as i would like with my thick stubble.

A proper mans shave is a back, sack & crack surely :wink:

With a cut throat! :scare:

With a cut throat! :scare:

I will try anything once :thumbs:

thats waxing :lol:

thats waxing :lol:

Speaks the voice of experience? :stir: