Shaving - Random topic.

Stew

Too much of a clart on for me, I use a Remmington electric, to get the weekend stubble off, then a run over with a Braun. No rash, no problem :thumbs:

Use a bit of No. 7 reengergising cream after, to keep the boat race right :)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone wake me up when this fascinating topic has ended please? :yawn: How hard can choosing a razor actually be?

Think of it the same as choosing some shoes or a handbag :stir: ........ :lol:

Can someone wake me up when this fascinating topic has ended please? :yawn: How hard can choosing a razor actually be?

Are you high?

Speaking from the position of any guy in a relationship with a woman, who has had to "pop in to Boots for a few essentials" with his girlfreind/wife :lol:

The difference is, I wouldn't dream of spouting off about choosing shoes and handbags on a car forum. All a bit 'psychological' for me I'm afraid :thumbdown:

:stir::stir::stir::stir:

I'll get you a bigger spoon if you'd prefer. Oh and I'll say to you what I said to the people making arsey comments in your threads, you don't HAVE to read it and you don't HAVE to post.

Oh and to clarify, it's about choosing per and post shave treatments. I'm quite happy with my razor thanks.

Stew, I'm honestly not interested in your shaving regimen, hard to believe I know :headhurt: I do, however, respect your right to seek advice on which skincare products will suit you best, when posted in an off topic area. But what I really don't understand is why my 'off topic' posts are banned but yours, as a moderator, are not? I am happy to obey the rules once I know what they are but since they appear to be 'unwritten rules' you must explain them clearly so that I can comply. Many thanks :D

Stew, I'm honestly not interested in your shaving regimen, hard to believe I know :headhurt: I do, however, respect your right to seek advice on which skincare products will suit you best, when posted in an off topic area. But what I really don't understand is why my 'off topic' posts are banned but yours, as a moderator, are not? I am happy to obey the rules once I know what they are but since they appear to be 'unwritten rules' you must explain them clearly so that I can comply. Many thanks :D

Are you for real????

After all the psycho analysing of your threads about such drivel as which female form we like most, it's a bit rich. At least this topic is relevant to the vast majority of this site, no matter how off topic it is.

You've managed to ellicit numerous replies to your threads, which have to a certain extent, been protected by the moderators from people posting what they actually thought on them. You've enjoyed that privilege, and now your moaning about one off topic thread, that is actually pertinent to the vast majority of members? :nono:

Like yourself Stew, i've fairly sensitive skin and occasionally get a touch of contact dermatitis. however i've found the following items/process work for me

Steam from scalding hot shower and exfoliator for getting the pores open :thumbs: (Really should go down the hot towel route).

After that the kit i use is:-

http://www.origins.co.uk/product/3859/11670/Skincare/Category/Origins-for-Men/Easy-Slider/Pre-shave-oil/index.tmpl

Followed by

http://www.trumpers.com/product_detail.cfm?ProductID=111547251

applied with

http://www.traditionalshaving.co.uk/mall/productpage.cfm/traditionalshaving/_EDW-BRU-81P37/268139/Pure-Badger-Shaving-Brush-Ivory

Oh, and LLF at last two posts :lol:

Then after :-

http://www.origins.co.uk/product/3859/10405/Skincare/Category/Origins-for-Men/Fire-Fighter/To-take-the-burn-out-of-shaving/index.tmpl

followed by

http://www.boots.com/en/Nivea-For-Men-Sensitive-Moisturiser-75ml_18698/

Sarnie, but what, exactly are the rules? Please will someone tell me? What can I post and what can't I post?

To be fair twobears you are rapidly establishing yourself as the forum mentol........which I'm a bit annoyed about as that used to be me!

Asking one or 2 questions for a bit of fun now and again would probably keep you under the radar.........conducting some sort of social experiment to collate more quantative data about the 350z owning public than the National Census holds is probably taking it a bit far though.

To be fair I think someone (Mod) should have dropped you a little PM just to explain the level of mentolness that is acceptable.

Sarnie, but what, exactly are the rules? Please will someone tell me? What can I post and what can't I post?

As far as I know there are no specific rules, but before you post a thread think; Is this appropriate to the forum I'm posting on? Everyone of your thread titles reads like an Essay topic or coursework from a feminist NVQ, looking at evoking male responses.

Are you for real????

After all the psycho analysing of your threads about such drivel as which female form we like most, it's a bit rich. At least this topic is relevant to the vast majority of this site, no matter how off topic it is.

You've managed to ellicit numerous replies to your threads, which have to a certain extent, been protected by the moderators from people posting what they actually thought on them. You've enjoyed that privilege, and now your moaning about one off topic thread, that is actually pertinent to the vast majority of members? :nono:

Sometimes Sarnie, I think I married the wrong person. :cloud9:

But what I really don't understand is why my 'off topic' posts are banned but yours, as a moderator, are not?

They are not "banned". Please do not try to insinuate that the moderators are employing somekind of censorship against you.

They can all be found in the Green Room here: viewforum.php?f=141

This place is accessable by all members.

Should Stew's off-topic threads (this one) degenerate into utter drivel then this thread will find itself in the Green Room also. Hell, Stew would put it there himself.

Lexx, thank you for that but I still don't understand what constitues drivel. Please can you explain clearly and unequivocally what you mean by the term? I genuinely don't understand and really need to get my head round it to ensure that all my future posts comply with forum rules. Would it be best if I send all my posts to you or one of the other mods in order to gain approval for it to appear on the main site before posting? That way I won't risk another further faux pas :)

Anyway, I shave about once every fortnight as I work from home. I generally meet up with my staff once a week so I treat myself to a trim though as I usually look like a homeless person :lol:

Any form of wet shaving leaves me with a bloody and bright red swollen face due to the amount of ingrowing hairs I get :cry:

I'm a once a day shaver :thumbdown: I am client facing daily so try to keep smart.

If I wait 2 days I have a beard which makes me look like a smelly bastard :lol:

I've been wanting to go with a single blade but I'm too scared I will kill myself involuntarily :lol:

Are you for real????

Sometimes Sarnie, I think I married the wrong person. :cloud9:

:clap:

Lexx, thank you for that but I still don't understand what constitues drivel. Please can you explain clearly and unequivocally what you mean by the term? I genuinely don't understand and really need to get my head round it to ensure that all my future posts comply with forum rules. Would it be best if I send all my posts to you or one of the other mods in order to gain approval for it to appear on the main site before posting? That way I won't risk another further faux pas :)

driv·el  (drvl)

v. driv·eled or driv·elled, driv·el·ing or driv·el·ling, driv·els

v.intr.

1. To slobber; drool.

2. To flow like spittle or saliva.

3. To talk stupidly or childishly.

v.tr.

1. To allow to flow from the mouth.

2. To say (something) stupidly.

n.

1. Saliva flowing from the mouth.

2. Stupid or senseless talk.

[Middle English drevelen, from Old English dreflian.]

drivel·er n.

If blokes would talk about it in the pub = appropriate (cars, football, shaving)

If blokes would not talk about such topics with their mates = drivel (feelings, emotions etc)

Twobears, let us know which of the female orientated forums your on, I'll join and ask them if they think I should remap my Alfa GT JTDM or if it would be best to upgrade my tyres from Pirelli's to Michelin Pilot Sports? If I did, i'm sure I wouldn't be afforded the time and courtesy that you have been shown here as all the female members trip over themselves crying about putting on 2 pounds over weekend even though they have had two macDonalds, a KFC, a curry and four bottles of wine.

If blokes would talk about it in the pub = appropriate (cars, football, shaving)

If blokes would not talk about such topics with their mates = drivel (feelings, emotions etc)

Twobears, let us know which of the female orientated forums your on, I'll join and ask them if they think I should remap my Alfa GT JTDM or if it would be best to upgrade my tyres from Pirelli's to Michelin Pilot Sports? If I did, i'm sure I wouldn't be afforded the time and courtesy that you have been shown here as all the female members trip over themselves crying about putting on 2 pounds over weekend even though they have had two macDonalds, a KFC, a curry and four bottles of wine.

:#1:

Somebody bring sarnie a badge like this

f_663338.jpg

No one ever pays attention to me do they!

There are no rules apart from the unwritten rule of mentolness. If you stay marginally mentol and occasionally post mentol stuff you'll be left alone and with a roll of the eyes be accepted as just being nuttier than squirrel turds.

Post a mentol thread every day about a random question (feminist or otherwise) and you'll eventually be singled out and dealt with as a full blown mentol (see Stomehorse, Frogspeed, DaWhip).

Take your threads - 1 a month.........they'd still be seeing daylight. 12 a month and all of a sudden when you log into the forum there are no car threads and just a load of mentolness.

You must respect and caress the mentol but never EVER overuse it or people start to notice!

5773503b-e9a1-4204-bb6e-c7bf34d360b9.jpg

Also NeilP needs a ban for spamming! :p

No one ever pays attention to me do they!

There are no rules apart from the unwritten rule of mentolness. If you stay marginally mentol and occasionally post mentol stuff you'll be left alone and with a roll of the eyes be accepted as just being nuttier than squirrel turds.

Post a mentol thread every day about a random question (feminist or otherwise) and you'll eventually be singled out and dealt with as a full blown mentol (see Stomehorse, Frogspeed, DaWhip).

Take your threads - 1 a month.........they'd still be seeing daylight. 12 a month and all of a sudden when you log into the forum there are no car threads and just a load of mentolness.

You must respect and caress the mentol but never EVER overuse it or people start to notice!

5773503b-e9a1-4204-bb6e-c7bf34d360b9.jpg

Also NeilP needs a ban for spamming! :p

Hahahahahahahahaha

Just when I was about to applaud your awesome post :p

Way to go guys :clap:

I thought twobears topics were some of the better ones on here lately, certainly not everyones cup of tea at all but as Stew quite rightly said you don't have to read them or comment...

They were most certainly off topic but no more than this is or 100 other threads about football / cycling etc etc and just because someone asks questions that actually make you think about yourself doesn't make them a psychologist.

Some of the comments on here are just downright sexist, yes it is a male orientated forum but that doesn't excuse it.

I doubt Annie will be posting again now which a lot of you will be very glad about as you will now not have to keep checking in your pants to see if you are actually a man or not :lol: a real shame as if you actually look at some of her posts you will see she genuinely loves her car she just didn't know enough about exhausts, plenum spacers or remaps to join in with 99% of the threads on here....

Yes she is as mad as a box of frogs and that is why I will miss her, so again well done guys :clap: