GT Passenger Seat Knackered - Help Please?

Mickeywheelspin

Hi,

My passenger seat gave up recently - for a while it was intermittent but now seems completely screwed and to make things worse at the service earlier this week the garage put the seat all the way forwards to clean behind it and now I cant move it back. Nissan reckon it's a new switch but I seem to be getting a good 12V at the motor when I test at the terminals so I'm not sure. Anyone got any suggestions? I had a look for a repair guide but cant find anything.

Any help with finding the cause or how to repair much appreciated.

Mike

Most often one of the connectors is loose or needs replacing. If it's not that, it's likely to be the switch (which are also known to go faulty). Try to locate and play with the connector first and see what happens with that and then the switch. Neither is gonna break the bank, so should be a relatively easy fix.

Some success - I was trying the "hitting and swearing at it" method I perfected with my old mini which solves most problems but tapping it seems to have worked this time. It's still really intermittent though.

I'd like to take the switch off and have a closer look at the terminals - anyone got any suggestions how it comes off? I haven't had a close look underneath yet but I gave it a gentle yank and nothing happened...