Air con/Blowers issue

gordon2285

In the last few weeks I have been having issues with the air con, a lot of the time when i turn the car on now I just don't get any air coming out of the vents.

To sort it I have to sit there half turning the car on (not firing up the engine) until the blowers do start to work, leave it a few seconds to make sure they stay on (sometimes it just dies again) and then quickly start the car up and usually it will keep on working. Once I have air coming out of the vents then there are no issues I can control speed and temp fine.

It feels like the issue is linked to getting the motors to start but I have no idea why the problem is intermittent and not just all the time?

Has anyone else had the same problem before and if so what fixed it?

Have you taken the Bose out at anytime? There is a control module under the Bose which has a ribbon cable attached to it, if this cable is broken or plug slightly askew you would have issues.

Best take the Bose out and have a good check of all connections to the controls and control module. :thumbs:

Air con in all my cars does not come on straight away after starting the engine until it has warmed up to normal running temperature.

Are you saying that you expect the aircon to work straight away after starting your engine?

It relies on your engine to gain its running temp to be able to adjust hot to colder mainly with freon gas or a similar gas.

Overall aircon takes the heat away to make your air cooler than the cars running temperature. I find that mine takes about a couple of minutes to gain some heat that can be conditioned.

Cheers for the replys

Nope never done anything with the bose system, might take it out and have a look.

I am not expecting it to come out arctic cold straight away but up until a few weeks ago I coud turn my car on and I would at least be getting air coming out of the vents, now most of the time I have nothing. If I just start it up and drive off then it could be up to half an hour later when the system suddenly kicks in and I have air coming out of the vents