N/A Zed tuning

taffyjason

i hate thinking im hijacking this thread, but ive got HKS fast road cams and Stillen headers to go with the porting,

now back to the super main thread :)

TaffyJason,

also running cams you need more compression to make them work on a N/A car.

pull the motor , rods/pistons to raise the compression ratio, cylinder head cleaned up/cams uprated springs/caps on the valves, 7500+ RPM with a good tune your see around 320+ bhp at the hubs on our dyno.

i hate thinking im hijacking this thread, but ive got HKS fast road cams and Stillen headers to go with the porting,

now back to the super main thread :)

TaffyJason,

also running cams you need more compression to make them work on a N/A car.

pull the motor , rods/pistons to raise the compression ratio, cylinder head cleaned up/cams uprated springs/caps on the valves, 7500+ RPM with a good tune your see around 320+ bhp at the hubs on our dyno.

(hugely off topic, sorry Keyser :blush: )

Could go with Nismo type 2 cylinder heads rather than porting the existing ones. They flow better, and bump the compression on stock pistons to 11:1, add some high comp pistons as well, and then sort the breathing out to cope with high revs and you'd have a hell of an N/A motor.

@Mark, do you really think 320 at the hubs would be that easy? I just mention it because Alex at Z1 spent a hell of a lot of time and money just getting over the 300 mark.

DB

http://www.rhdjapan.com/nismo-vq35de-en ... ec-2-55710

you do have to get them from Japan unfortunately, but they really do look worth it. They used the VQ30 heads as a base, then milled them down to increase compression and ported them. The VQ30 heads are a popular mod in themselves in the states, as they're supposed to flow better than the VQ35 heads as stock.

I'm not just blurting out exotic parts at you either, these are on my shopping list for down the line, and they got there via a lot of research.

DB