Where do you keep your roadster?

twobears

I've had my roadster for a few weeks now and it has had to sit outside in the pouring rain for most of that time. My builder chap is making a sort of rustic 'car port' arrangement for me out of Scots pine logs and corrugated iron roofing which I am hoping will help protect Mr Zedbelly from the elements. Does anyone else have a roadster that is not garaged and how has it fared over time? I have noticed that the two little tabs either side of his roof need sticking down so does anyone know which glue to use for the best result?

Don't know the answer to the glue question but mine has lived outside for a year now in all weathers and has been fine so far. I put Autoglym Roof Protector on every 3 months and look after the seals and joints carefully. When I first got it I treated it with Renovo. I dry/clean the roof off regularly so that nothing dodgy builds up on it.

Plus I follow the instructions B) - ie, I don't try to operate it under 5 degrees and I don't put the roof down unless it's properly dry.

Awwwww, poor lille roadster.....they are designed to stay outside you know :surrender:

Mine stays out side, but will be going into a garage over the winter months.

Have you a picture of you flaps? :blush: I would love too see the problem. Will and I both had issues with our roadsters rooves..... :dry:

You will need to be careful that the roof dont leak rust over your car too. :headhurt:

Oh, I use Fabsil on my roof to keep it waterproof..... :thumbs:

Thanks Neil. I've only managed to clean my Zed once as it has rained for so long. I've still not had a chance to do the roof properly. Once I have got a shelter to park him under I am hoping to clean and protect his roof. I've got all the products but you can't exactly use them in the rain can you? :thumbdown: If I'm not happy with the look of the roof after my efforts I'm going to think about getting it re-dyed. I can't really assess the state of it until it is dry though.

Thanks Neil. I've only managed to clean my Zed once as it has rained for so long. I've still not had a chance to do the roof properly. Once I have got a shelter to park him under I am hoping to clean and protect his roof. I've got all the products but you can't exactly use them in the rain can you? :thumbdown: If I'm not happy with the look of the roof after my efforts I'm going to think about getting it re-dyed. I can't really assess the state of it until it is dry though.

Renovo do a Restorer in black by the way which will get the colour back to what it was.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I'll get some Stormsure and Renovo and my problems should soon be sorted :) I can't wait to be able to get out with all my car cleaning stuff and make Mr Z presentable again :thumbs:

Please bring the stuff to Harewood

then you can do mine please :thumbs:

Caroline keeps hers outside. It does suffer from a bit of pine tree debris and a bit of sap too but it washes off. We do tend to park it in the shade to stop the paint fading but take no other precautions.

Pete

I keep my girl in a green tent - I was concerned about the effects of freezing cold and then baking in sunshine on the roof.

It was supposed to be a gazebo but it was the perfect size for the Zed and to fit between the wall and the fence. Tent is getting a bit dodgy now after nearly 3 years - the snow in 2010 winter nearly buckled everyting - if you look inside you'll see the emergency extra wood supports I had to install in a screaming hurry - but they did the trick and it's lasted in all weathers since.

Plans are afoot to extend out to the fence all the way front to back, and then the front will be a proper brick garage, I'm looking forward to that!

post-5330-135011922149_thumb.jpg

I've had my roadster for a few weeks now and it has had to sit outside in the pouring rain for most of that time. My builder chap is making a sort of rustic 'car port' arrangement for me out of Scots pine logs and corrugated iron roofing which I am hoping will help protect Mr Zedbelly from the elements. Does anyone else have a roadster that is not garaged and how has it fared over time? I have noticed that the two little tabs either side of his roof need sticking down so does anyone know which glue to use for the best result?

Can I stress, I'm not her builder chap!!!!! :lol: