Holiday Romance

Stew

Ok, so some of you may know I was recently in Florida getting married and having a honeymoon.

Anyway, I had to hire the car. So the first car I priced up was a Camaro. It was MEGA expensive. Anyway, after a lot of debate I decided to just hire a bog standard Mustang and then cmaybe get a big old saloon or something when we arrived if there were upgrades available.

So, we arrived. Had a friendly chat with the guy at the desk. His mate brought round a Camaro SS Convertible. Now, I had priced this up already and was 3 times the cost I'd paid. He asked for not a penny more.... Chucked in a sun pass and said don't worry about the tolls and told us to enjoy ourselves.

Anyway, luggage was an issue as we had two large(ish) cases and two small (carry on) cases with us due to carrying so much for the wedding. I'm a determined Engineer so it was never going to beat me! :lol:

Here are a few pics of the car and my genius luggage solution when we were travelling between locations. Roof down, one small case in the boot, large suitcase behind each seat and the remaining one in between to stop any movement. This left room in the boot for shopping etc and the roof could go up if we got too hot or stopped.

DSC01970.jpg

DSC01968.jpg

DSC01969.jpg

A few more.

DSC01973.jpg

DSC01974-1.jpg

DSC01971.jpg

So, the car. Well, I loved it. It was the SS so had the 6.2 LS V8 in it (same as VXR-8) with 400 bhp, the coupe gets 420 for some reason. The steering was mega responsive and weighted nicely, it handled very well indeed sitting on P Zeros. It looks superb and the inside was brilliant. It was nice inside with decent feeling materials used, lovely lighting and an HUD. Very comfortable and easily sat 4 adults. My mate was in the back most of one day and he's 6' 3" and had no issues roof up or down.

So, 2000 miles later and I must say I was sad to see it go back.

Anyway, not much insight really but thought I'd share it anyway!

Awesome but where did your mate sit when the luggage was in the back?

My mate wasn't in it with the luggage at all. That just wouldn't have worked at all! :lol::lol::lol:

We only needed the luggage in it when going between Orlando, Naples, Key West and South Beach. When we left Orlando it was just myself and my wife! :)

They did a great job with that car! They look superb.

Most American cars are grotesque :yuck:

Not anymore. A lot of the newer yank cars are looking good now. Saying that, I'm sick of the photocopy german designs so I like to something different. :)

What did she sound like?

Great but quiet! Sounded ace when giving it beans but very quiet when cruising.

Jayne and I discussed this, we'd have put Lexxs exhaust from his vxr8 on it! :teeth:

What did she sound like?

Great but quiet! Sounded ace when giving it beans but very quiet when cruising.

Jayne and I discussed this, we'd have put Lexxs exhaust from his vxr8 on it! :teeth:

:thumbdown: next time stop at a hardware store and get a nr 12 drill bit and drill the rear muffler a bit :lol: v8 needs to be loudish ;)