F1 GP at Spa Francorchamps & Camping

notfub

A group of my friends & I are planning a European road trip this summer that coincides with the F1 GP at Spa Francorchamps.

We will be camping there for four nights so wondered if anyone here has done this trip before and can give us any hints and tips etc?

Can anyone recommend a campsite that’s within walking distance to the Spa circuit (30 minute walk away) and has clean showers and toilets (and still clean after 4 days)? During an initial Google search, “Elephant camping†has come up as has “Camping L’eau rouge†but nothing beats personal recommendations.

We’ve got general admission tickets, so any spectating tips would be great too.

:thumbs:

i wouldnt recomend Elephant, we stayed here for the 2009 GP. Location in relation to the circuit was great 20mins walk to the entry at bottom of Aue Rouge but that is where the positives end.

the site is on 3 levels so by the end of day 1 the bottom sites was like scene from glastonbury and guess where the only shower block is. so you have to walk through the mud back to your tent kind of defeated the point of having the shower. cars couldnt get out either and there are no local shops.

Showers and toilets were kept clean but not enough for the size of site and the showers soon ran out of hot water.

i would suggest looking for a site at the other end of the circuit on the higher ground.

The road trip was easy, we left manchester about 4am and got the train about 11am IIRC then a clear run through northern france, Roads in Belgium are terrible btw

**edit** just saw your GA. get there early in the circuit for 7am and pick your spot during Friday practice bus stop last corner is good but there are loads of grass banks all round put the leg work in on Friday.

drop me a PM if want any more detail.

make sure you get a covered grandstand too, when it rains it really rains it nearly ruined our trip :boat: .

Thanks for the tips Wilks :thumbs:

There certainly seem to be mixed reviews on the web about all of the campsites (worse reviews are the official circuit sites which I'm avoiding at all costs). Elephant was overcrowded last year apparently and Camping L'eau Rouge is a little noisey with limited food. I'm happy to rough it anyway and get involved in the party athmosphere as that's what it's all about. ;)

Expecting very early starts, especially on race day. I've only ever been to Silverstone for F1 last year so have now got the bug after watching on TV for years. Rallying is usually my thing but the noise and speec is really something else.