Opinions please!! (exhaust related)

drginger

Hello all, I have a japspeed k2 exhaust and y pipe for my zed and i am really pleased witht the sound of it.

However, im thinking about maybe a bit more volume and was woindering what a set of decat pipes would do for me and if it would make my car sound better or worse??? Any advice would be great!!

Thanks, Ian.

Still haven't found it :p Though I wasn't keen on nismo with berks, still may want motordyne shockwave though.

I was looking at the Motordyne Shockwave the other day, I currently have the ART pipes and XYZ with HFC... I find it strange that, unless you go full decatted, you have to use the stock cats or non-Motordyne HFCs as the XYZ+HFC won't fit with the y-pipe back parts of the Shockwave. A bit annoying really considering the front, y-pipe part, of the Shockwave is the same as the XYZ.

Still haven't found it :p Though I wasn't keen on nismo with berks, still may want motordyne shockwave though.

I was looking at the Motordyne Shockwave the other day, I currently have the ART pipes and XYZ with HFC... I find it strange that, unless you go full decatted, you have to use the stock cats or non-Motordyne HFCs as the XYZ+HFC won't fit with the y-pipe back parts of the Shockwave. A bit annoying really considering the front, y-pipe part, of the Shockwave is the same as the XYZ.

What the eckin peck, that's crazy. I thought the whole point was that the modules were interchangeable and all their stuff actually worked together.

Doh. Well, if you do get it, i'd love a listen.

What the eckin peck, that's crazy. I thought the whole point was that the modules were interchangeable and all their stuff actually worked together.

Tell me about it! If you compare the middle section of the Shockwave vs the XYZ pipes below it in the following link you'll see that the x-pipe section of the Shockwave is in the same location as their race cat and the exhaust is dual after that so I can't see how you can use the Shockwave without normal cats or berks or something!

http://www.motordyneengineering.com/ind ... a944dac94e

Tell me about it! If you compare the middle section of the Shockwave vs the XYZ pipes below it in the following link you'll see that the x-pipe section of the Shockwave is in the same location as their race cat and the exhaust is dual after that so I can't see how you can use the Shockwave without normal cats or berks or something!

http://www.motordyneengineering.com/ind ... a944dac94e

It's strange though, could've sworn I saw another design for the shockwave without that resonator next to the xyz pipe. Would be interesting to get mark's input.

You also can see the shockwave on youtube vs the shockwave tdx v2, both true duals supposedly but imo the shockwave true dual sounds better than the tdx v2 shockwave, what's the difference?

You also can see the shockwave on youtube vs the shockwave tdx v2, both true duals supposedly but imo the shockwave true dual sounds better than the tdx v2 shockwave, what's the difference?

I think the old one would work with their HFC:

impp_1006_05_o+motordyne+shockwave_v2_cat_back_exhaust.jpg

The newer one wouldn't:

10435.jpg

Why they changed it I have no idea, but I believe they stopped selling the old one. :(

Mark@Abbey or Motordyne themselves would know for sure.

Thanks d block, so do you not get the raspy sound with the resonated ones?

resontated de cats should kill the majority of the rasp.

to me rasp says badly designed exhaust. but i'm picky.

You still get a lil bit of rasp at about 3k but not as much as HFC's. I personally like a bit of rasp. M3's sound awesome because of it.