Anyone win on the Grand National?

rmacnair

No I didn't.......bloody shawaddywaddydingingdinginmyswingyadong ran out of lungs the nag!

I know I can choose not to read this thread but please, please, PLEASE I'm begging you don't let this turn into a debate about how cruel the national is........I can't actually deal with reading anymore people spouting off about it!

There was only one winner...........the bookie! :lol:

I backed two horses and now both of them are dead............. How lucky is that?

Shocking that the Cheltenham Gold Cup winner should die in what a term quite a classless race (WHAT WERE THE OWNERS THINKING!) :wacko: I love horse racing (mainly flat, dont back jumpers) but i would not be sorry to see the back of this race that is basically staged for the general public who basically no jack @*!# about horse racing so they can have their annual flutter. But at the end of the day there will always be fatalities in horse racing its part and parcel of the sport.

Anyhow roll on the flat season and the Chester May meeting :yahoo:

I got the First and Second in the office sweep steak :teeth:

The MD is going to be really pi**ed when he hands the cash over to me on Thursday.... likes to think of himself as a know it all about racing :lol::lol:

its only £35 though... better than a poke in the eye :teeth:

I love horse racing (mainly flat, dont back jumpers) but i would not be sorry to see the back of this race that is basically staged for the general public who basically no jack @*!# about horse racing so they can have their annual flutter.

I don't think the bookies and owners mind whether you're a seasoned gambler or not. The general public enjoy a flutter too and if there's money to be made then everybody is happy :shrug:

I love horse racing (mainly flat, dont back jumpers) but i would not be sorry to see the back of this race that is basically staged for the general public who basically no jack @*!# about horse racing so they can have their annual flutter.

I don't think the bookies and owners mind whether you're a seasoned gambler or not. The general public enjoy a flutter too and if there's money to be made then everybody is happy :shrug:

Who said anything about if the owners mind if you are a seasoned gambler or not? Of course they dont! All they see is the prize money on offer from the sponsors of the race! But at the end of the day the only real winner on Saturday was the bookie, especially when a horse wins with the odds of 33/1. Anyone that backed the favourite (that got killed) was on a hiding to nothing anyway especially with the statistic that no horse since 1934 had won the Cheltenham gold cup and the grand national in the same year and yet the bookie priced the horse with ridicoulsly low odds! :wacko:

But the grand national imho is not a race of quality these days, and i believe the owners of Synchronized have said they will never have a runner in the race again.

Who said anything about if the owners mind if you are a seasoned gambler or not? Of course they dont!

My point was that I can't see the problem that the race is "staged for the general public who know jack-**** so they can have their annual flutter" :shrug:

I do know jack-**** though and I lost £20 :lol:

For those who complain about the national being cruel. 2 horses died this year:

- Sychronised was 9 years old

- According to Pete was 11 years old

Racehorses get a lavish lifestyle and treated like royalty when they aren't racing.

If you want to go on about cruelty, 2.5 million battery chickens are slaughtered each day in the UK after only been given 6-7 weeks to live. I bet you still eat those tasty chicken nuggets... I know I do, mmmmmmm.

For those who complain about the national being cruel. 2 horses died this year:

- Sychronised was 9 years old

- According to Pete was 11 years old

Racehorses get a lavish lifestyle and treated like royalty when they aren't racing.

+1

I quite agree and can i just make the point i never said the race was cruel. Horse's will always get killed wether its in the grand national or in a seller at Woverhampton. The only point i am really making is the fact that i think it was a stupid decision by the owners to run the Cheltenham gold cup winner in the national so soon after winning it imho. :)

Anyhow like i said i love horse racing, roll on this years flat season now :teeth: