Mitsubishi Shogun Sport. Awesome!

rmacnair

Bought a 2003 Shogun Sport 2.5L last week (a couple of days before I bought my 350z) and it is awesome!!

I had been looking at loads of 4x4s as my and the ladyfriend have dogs and horses. Looked at everything from ancient defenders and discos, Honda CR-Vs, Rav-4s (hah, yeh right!) and eventually came across the shogun. Cost me £3750 with 70k on the clock and it is brilliant, insurance is low too.

If anyone is looking at cheap 4x4s then you need to look at one of these. Fuel consumption isn't the best but all in all I couldn't find anything better for the money

I have a field out the back of my house and thought i'd try out the 4wd yesterday and its so smooth. Granted its bouncy but the suspension makes it feel like you're on a cruise ship rather than a jackhammer. I can even deal with the wood effect plastic interior.

They look great as well. Without looking at the number plate you wouldn't be able to tell it's almost 10 years old. Whereas you look at the 2003 models for the freelander, discovery or CR-V and they aren't exactly up to date looking.

My Dad had one a few years back before the Hummer. Horrible, plasticky lump of a vehicle. I absolutely hated driving it, from the zero-feel steering to the gearbox akin to stirring a bucketful of bricks to the sports dash that was just some thin plastic stuck on top of the standard dash with some double sided tape. It had the power pack as well so had a bit more poke, but still ran out of puff well before any diesel engine should. It looks pretty good from the outside, but other than that it's a dog of a vehicle.

Sorry! :surrender:

My Dad had one a few years back before the Hummer. Horrible, plasticky lump of a vehicle. I absolutely hated driving it, from the zero-feel steering to the gearbox akin to stirring a bucketful of bricks to the sports dash that was just some thin plastic stuck on top of the standard dash with some double sided tape. It had the power pack as well so had a bit more poke, but still ran out of puff well before any diesel engine should. It looks pretty good from the outside, but other than that it's a dog of a vehicle.

Sorry! :surrender:

Hah, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Besides, I'm not claiming it to be an amazing 4x4 or the anywhere near tthe best, but could you honestly find anything better for the price.

Yes it is a dog vehicle, i put both my dogs in the back and they loved it :teeth: