No high beam, wipers start randomly- IPDM issue?

Ad3

Hi guys,

I own a 2003 JDM Auto Base 350Z and I've previously had some trouble with my Z because of water damage. My ECU had a short and needed to be repaired, but after driving around for a while, I noticed that I had no high beam on the headlights, and the wipers would start intermittently. In addition, the AC compressor isn't working properly (no cooling!)

I took the car back to the garage and they told me that the IPDM also had water damage, and parts of it were corroded. In short, they say that I have no option but to have my IPDM replaced.

1.) Do you agree that this is the case, or could it be the BCM causing the issue?

2.) Can I buy any used replacement IPDM to replace the current one? As mentioned, I have a JDM, so wondering about interchangability of parts.

3.) Does a new IPDM need to re-programmed or would it be plug and play?

The electrician informed me that the part number on the current IPDM was: 284B7-AL505. Attached are a couple of pictures detailing the water damage.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!