PCM/ECU

chocohercules

The PCM is part of the ECU system, it normally deals with diagnostics IIRC.

You will need exactly the right ECU for your engine; the DE, DE-Revup and HR engines are all significantly different. You'll also want one from a UK car, and it needs to be from a car that either had or did not have cruise control depending on what yours had. Basically it needs to be from an identical spec car. Not sure if you'll need a roadster ECU for a roadster, but I'd guess you do. Also not sure if transmission plays a part but I'd guess it has to be the same as well.

If you're looking for one have you tried :pmzmanalex: ? He usually has a pretty healthy stock of bits and bobs.

DB

Cheers Danny Boy

I aint the best at technical things! would the PCM deal with collating signals from sensors to determine speed i.e Cranks Position, Flywheel and ABS as i dont think mine is communicating properly :bang:

In this case I will need a UK DE Revup, Cruise control, manual............Oh my head, how much do these go for second hand? Wizard?

you cant just fit any ECU , as the car runs NATS (Imobilizser) the ECU's need configuring correctly to allow the car to start;

You will be able to cross fit ECU's if the NATS was turned off but a 278bhp will not work in a 313bhp but it will run a 300bhp but not control the exhaust cams.

What's the problem non Start?

Hi Abbey,

thanks for you reply, My problem isnt start related, it starts fine just really underpowered struggles to get over 3k revs and i dont dare push it to 60mph. Engine light and all ABS Traction lights on. Got the car on the diagnostic which pointed out:

P0335 CKP Crank Position Sensor

C1130 Engine 1 Fuel Cut System Fault

C1103 R Front Wheel Sensor CircuitBrought new CPS sensor from the main dealer and the wheel ABS sensor changed! when fitted the car wouldnt fire up, cranking over but no start, put my old CPS and it started fine? I then thought the new CPS was faulty booked car into Nissan main dealer, they too had the same problem then put my faulty sensor and new sensor onto another vehicle and they both started on the other vehicle fine???.....However they did say they had trouble communicating with my car and it is an import, which it clearly isnt full uk spec with headlight washers.

So im stuck what to do next? Shall i buy a new flywheel incase that is defective? Is it my ECU/PCM not reading input correctly causing my issues :wacko::bang:

If this turns out to be an ECU fault, let me know, I have some lying around buddy.

Mark may have to turn NATS off with uprev if it turns out you need a replacement I think.

I had to buy one from Nissan when this happened to me £1200 (excl VAT). :byebye:

Hi Mark,

Is there anyway to check my ECU with it still on the car? I have done the pedal dance and the engine light does go out but once the car has been re-started a few times it comes back on. Is the ECU/PCM located underneath the passengerside airbag area buy the cupholder/tray compartment?

Air Flow Meter? Is this the MAF Sensor? and if this was malfunctioning could it throw the codes im getting for the Crank Position Sensor? As there are no MAF codes desplayed?

Cheers Mark if i dont get it sorted in the next couple of weeks I'll send it up to you cheers.

Thanks for the help Guys :thumbs:

Further Info, when checking the CPS Sensor the garage looked at the clutch (new stage 2 comp type thingy) and flywheel (standard dual mass) we noticed play in the flywheel. it allowed a little movement/notch of about 1cm or so left to right clockwise motion, which is understandable as it would spin in this way. But when bolting the clutchplate back to the flywheel back to the engine with a pressure gun thing we noticed play from side to side! hard to explain.....with enough pressure it could be tilted or wobbled, if this makes sense? do flywheels allow any play in this way?