Washer Bottle Leak

sprax

Just went to fill my washer bottle as it was empty...every drop of water and screen cleaner I attempted to put in ended up on my drive!! :rant:

Just done a search and the only suggestion I can find is removal of the front bumper to see what the prob is :help:

I'm not particularly confident messing with such things..are there any other suggestions/ideas?

Yours in hope

Sprax

The only bit that concerns me is the headlamp washers...*NOOB ALERT*...I presume I have em cos there is a switch inside but where they would be is just a blank plate...do they pop out upon operation?

I found this useful thread viewtopic.php?f=9&t=50186&hilit=front+bumper+removal

...which deals with them but in that video there is no mention!

Its a 2005 GT coupe.

Thought all these little problems would really annoy me...but tbh it's just making me love the car even more :lol:

Sprax

The only bit that concerns me is the headlamp washers...*NOOB ALERT*...I presume I have em cos there is a switch inside but where they would be is just a blank plate...do they pop out upon operation?

I found this useful thread viewtopic.php?f=9&t=50186&hilit=front+bumper+removal

...which deals with them but in that video there is no mention!

Its a 2005 GT coupe.

Thought all these little problems would really annoy me...but tbh it's just making me love the car even more :lol:

Sprax

They pop out and retract mate.

Ignition on:

Headlights on:

Work front windscreen washer:

Hey Presto, the whole front of your car is now covered in gunge. :lol:

Alex :)

Thought I'd update you on my washer bottle episode!

I took the front bumper off today...bit fiddly but nothing major...

IMAG0129.jpg

then found that one of the feeder bungs had broken and the tube to the headlamp washers was hanging off so problem identified I thought...

IMAG0130.jpg

...but then I noticed a huge crack in the washer bottle too :headhurt:

IMAG0132-1.jpg

So bumper back on and wait for the parts...Alex PM on the way!!

Sprax

Not too bad mate...took more like 2 hours to get it off and on again...couple of dodgy bolts on the undertray!! :angry:

Wonder what would cause the bottle to crack like that...the action of the liquid inside freezing perhaps?

Anyway...much more confidant of messing with old girl now and once this is fixed it will be time to take the door trim off to try the electric window reset fix lol

Sprax

Wonder what would cause the bottle to crack like that...the action of the liquid inside freezing perhaps?

Sprax

More than likely. Probably been filled to the brim without any washer anti-freeze in it.

Pete