oil

Cwicks

i have put a litre of oil in my car because it was low and the oil light was coming on ocasionally but then two days later the light come up again so i checked it and it was low again so i put another litre in and it still is low, alot of smoke comes out the exhaust but its white smoke, has anyone had a problem like this or heard anything about it.

When the car is cold add enough oil to get the level on the MAX mark and then do an oil comsumption test over the next few hundred miles.

If the oil light comes on then your level will be dangerously low with perhaps only a litre or 2 left in the sump.

The capacity is 5 litres and fully synth 5W30 is the preferred viscosity.

You will only be able to get a true dipstick reading from cold, preferably after sitting 8 hours.

The exhaust smoke emission concerns me. :scare:

Good luck :thumbs:

Alex :)

It's a 2003, fair lady got all service history and the oil pressure keeps dropping

Of course the oil pressure will keep dropping if you have no oil in the motor.

If you run your car with low oil you will very soon require a new engine.

Read my previous post and get your oil up to the MAX mark :thumbs:

Alex :)

Typically Alex, the oil on a 'DE supposed to be kept between the two marker points on the dipstick, correct?

Rehan, best to run at top mark on the dip stick. :thumbs:

If the oil light comes on, then I doubt if any oil will show on the dip stick. :scare:

Typically Alex, the oil on a 'DE supposed to be kept between the two marker points on the dipstick, correct?

Rehan, best to run at top mark on the dip stick. :thumbs:

If the oil light comes on, then I doubt if any oil will show on the dip stick. :scare:

Yeah you're right.

I remember the oil light flickering on and off when I was on the track and eventually the engine started becoming noisy. When I checked the dipstick, it was completely dry.

OP: Keep your oil topped up buddy, this is crucial! It may also be beneficial doing a compression test. If that checks out fine then perhaps check it if could be your center seals.

Also, you can use a thicker oil like 10w40 fully synthetic or something.