Nail in my tyre... part worn replacement

marzman

So i picked up a nail in my tyre today (2nd one in the last 7 months :thumbdown: ) but it's right on the edge of the tyre so cant be repaired.

I've got Goodyear Eagle F1's on at the car (originals, not the asymetrics), but these arent made anymore so cant get hold of them at all... However, having had a look on ebay i've managed to pick up a 245/35/19 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetric (new style), with 4.5mm tread on it for just £35 + £12 delivery :yahoo:

Dodged a bullet there i think, although not happy that i've got a different tread tyre on the front axle now, but at least they're the same make. Will be replacing them all with F1 Asymetrics as and when they need it as they're a fantastic tyre.

Bargain! just don't let Ekona see them ;) Having said that , anything's better than your winter rims :p

I can handle Dan :boxing::lol:

but yes, I could drive around on bars of soap and they'd be better than the maxis tyres on my winter rims. :lol:

I suspect I wouldn't be the only person who would say that driving on mixed tyres across the same axle is a pretty daft idea. Unless they are identical tyres, then they should be treated as completely different: Would you mix RE040s and RE050As across an axle?

That said, I have a thread coming tomorrow which could prove rather interesting... ;)

I suspect I wouldn't be the only person who would say that driving on mixed tyres across the same axle is a pretty daft idea. Unless they are identical tyres, then they should be treated as completely different: Would you mix RE040s and RE050As across an axle?

That said, I have a thread coming tomorrow which could prove rather interesting... ;)

:yawn: Sorry Dad... i mean Dan. When my car flips over coming out of a bend, i'll let you know. :thumbs:

So answer my question then: Would you mix the Bridgestones? If the answer is yes then fair enough, if not then why do it with the Goodyears?

No i wouldnt, as i wouldnt have them on my car - i dont like Bridgestones.

I stated why i've gone for the Asymetric in my original post - i will be swapping all of my tyres to the Asymetric when they need replacing in the next 4-5 months - no sense in spending £450 now on a pair of fronts when i dont need to.

So answer my question then: Would you mix the Bridgestones? If the answer is yes then fair enough, if not then why do it with the Goodyears?

Look you got your way by getting a sticky. We all know the risks of mixing tyres and so on. There is no need to ram it down everyones throat. He chose to do this. Whats it got to do with you? Is it your car? As said he knows it isnt ideal but he is aware of it.

We can make our decisions thank you. Saying the same thing over and over doesnt make it true.

Look you got your way by getting a sticky. We all know the risks of mixing tyres and so on. There is no need to ram it down everyones throat. He chose to do this. Whats it got to do with you? Is it your car? As said he knows it isnt ideal but he is aware of it.

We can make our decisions thank you. Saying the same thing over and over doesnt make it true.

:snack:

What does that mean? I was just saying my opinion as ekona has said his. No big deal really.

Not really helpful stirring the pot like that is it?

Marzman get the F1a'2 they are awesome! They dont have the bad aquaplaning of the gsd3's are quieter than gsd3 and grip better than the original F1A's.

Cool, thanks for the heads up - i wasnt aware of an A2 so i'll definitely be progressing to these when the time comes :thumbs:

You can get it repaired.... ;) .

Its called a major tyre repair, I had all mine done with major repairs and all guarenteed.

Do a google for major tyre repairs in your area. it cost me £25 a corner :thumbs:

You reckon? I didnt know you could do that if it's outside the central 2/3rds of the tyre? I might post a pic tomorrow.

What does that mean? I was just saying my opinion as ekona has said his. No big deal really.

Not really helpful stirring the pot like that is it?

Its not stirring, i am just waiting Ekona's response to your post. Its not the first time you two have clashed with each over opinions on tyres so its always interesting to watch hence me taking a snack. :) And may be also a reminder that the team are watching just incase this should get out of hand. ;)

You can get it repaired.... ;) .

Its called a major tyre repair, I had all mine done with major repairs and all guarenteed.

Do a google for major tyre repairs in your area. it cost me £25 a corner :thumbs:

You reckon? I didnt know you could do that if it's outside the central 2/3rds of the tyre? I might post a pic tomorrow.

I know so. :thumbs: these are the guys I used.

http://www.ts-tyre-repairs.co.uk/

Or

These also do major.

http://www.castletyresbingley.co.uk/services

All repairs carried out to BS.