Anonymous posts

HaydnH

Would it be possible to allow anonymous posts, maybe only in a select few forums? For example, I'm sure there's a few people on here that would like to comment on the current drink driving thread but wouldn't want to link the fact they've had a previous drink driving offence publicised just in case an insurer sees it when they're past the having to declare stage.

Thats a bad idea IMO, the forum could leave itself open to people posting things against other forum members etc..

True, I would suggest requiring anonymous posts to be approved by a mod like the for sale section, but I'm aware that can't be done without requiring every post to require approval. :(

Would it be possible to allow anonymous posts, maybe only in a select few forums? For example, I'm sure there's a few people on here that would like to comment on the current drink driving thread but wouldn't want to link the fact they've had a previous drink driving offence publicised just in case an insurer sees it when they're past the having to declare stage.

If they are past the having to declare it stage why would they need to post anonymously?

Simply put.....no. It's a terrible idea. (sorry, don't mean to sound so harsh, but you wouldn't be the one dealing with the fallout and trying to moderate it).

It would be impossible to moderate and would open up a whole word of possible abuse towards members.

Imagine when the information got out.....how many Trolls would we get signing up to just cause trouble?

We have many of our own loved keyboard warriors as it is, without inviting a whole world of them here.

Simply put.....no. It's a terrible idea. (sorry, don't mean to sound so harsh, but you wouldn't be the one dealing with the fallout and trying to moderate it).

It would be impossible to moderate and would open up a whole word of possible abuse towards members.

Imagine when the information got out.....how many Trolls would we get signing up to just cause trouble?

We have many of our own loved keyboard warriors as it is, without inviting a whole world of them here.

Iv'e changed my mind I think it would be a GREAT idea :lol:

Just kidding, despite what some of us think and say sometimes you have to admit this is one of the best forums you will ever be a part of :thumbs: :no1: