Tyres?

Builder49

Copied the following from another thread (FINALLY) in my name with pics of my recent purchase 06 350z. Wanted the general forum to throw me up some advice on tyres though please :)

Both the rear tyres are Bridgestone Potenza with about 4mm of tread left.

Front offside as shown on the picture above is a 'ACCEIETA' and front nearside is a 'AUTOGRIP RADIAL F107', both of which have about 6 or 7mm but I would guess are cheapo budget jobbies?

Any suggestions on the best make to purchase? will be mostly A1 type driving (obviously within the legal limits, in case any member is a cop!), with the odd blip where possible just to allow the exhaust to make a nice sound so I need something good but not race spec.....

Was going to wait until I bought some wheels, but might be an idea to purchase soon. What do you all think?

Paul.

Which Bridgestone Potenzas are they? There should be a large number beside the name - like 040 or 050 or 050as?

The 2 fronts sound like budget tyres to me - if that is the case they are inadvisable on a heavy 276 bhp car with rear wheel drive. Also different tyres back to front is a recipe for inconsistent handling.

What people say next will depend on your budget (the short answer is get the best ones you can afford).

hmm id go for falkens as well myself, ran them on two cars and was perfectly happy with them.

How many miles are you doing a year? cos if its low, i'd get bridgestones to match the rears, and justify the price difference by the fact that they'll be lasting three years (in my case) before needing replacing.

Don't buy budget tyres, the Zed deserves better. Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas are the cheapest tyres I would consider putting on a Zed, other than that I'd look at the Bridgestone RE050A or the ultimate Michelin Pilot Super Sport.

Have a read of the Sticky threads in the Tyre section and make your own mind up. :)

Won't be buying cheap..

The odd ones on the front are there because I kicked up with the dealer that the ones on the vehicle when I viewed it were illegal. He disagreed but agreed to fit a couple of part worns, hence two odd tyres with better tread! Wasn't entirely happy but wasn't going to get better considering how I'd got the price of the purchase down.

General consensus seems to be Falken FK452's ? If anyone thinks others or has ideas where a good place would be to purchase them I'd be pleased to hear from them :)

Wanted to get some nice Black wheels, but that might have to wait, safe tyres more important!

Only expect to do about 3000mls a year, which is why I was happy to buy a higher mileage vehicle. Having done 50 miles in her tonight, have to say she sounds lovely and handles well.

Won't be buying cheap..

The odd ones on the front are there because I kicked up with the dealer that the ones on the vehicle when I viewed it were illegal. He disagreed but agreed to fit a couple of part worns, hence two odd tyres with better tread! Wasn't entirely happy but wasn't going to get better considering how I'd got the price of the purchase down.

General consensus seems to be Falken FK452's ? If anyone thinks others or has ideas where a good place would be to purchase them I'd be pleased to hear from them :)

Wanted to get some nice Black wheels, but that might have to wait, safe tyres more important!

Only expect to do about 3000mls a year, which is why I was happy to buy a higher mileage vehicle. Having done 50 miles in her tonight, have to say she sounds lovely and handles well.

Won't be buying cheap..

General consensus seems to be Falken FK452's ?

LOL!!! :lol::lol:

Whats so funny? Are these cheap then? Lots have recommending them? On here for advivce, no need to laugh ! lol

I would say they're mid range tyres :thumbs: I like them a lot and the tread looks nice on them too, good in the wet and dry. Personnaly I've never had any issues with them.

Cheers Steve :thumbs:

Friendly advice always welcome... Might just hold out till end of month and get some nice black rims at the same time ;)

Or maybe not! Guess not much change out of £1500 if I do? Might have to be tyres now then switch them to some new rims in the same size as the originals later.

Bl**dy good job I'm single, although daughter getting married in 2 months time... Might have to cancel her wedding dress! :lol:

Won't be buying cheap..

General consensus seems to be Falken FK452's ?

LOL!!! :lol::lol:

Whats so funny? Are these cheap then? Lots have recommending them? On here for advivce, no need to laugh ! lol

They are ok, decent, not bad IMO. They are a little soft not as grippy as other tyres and in my experience don't last all that long. But they are cheap. Is it standard sizes your after?

They are middle of the road but cheap middle of the road, this doesnt mean they are bad though. It depends on your driving style and what you want out of a tyre but they are no match for the better tyres like PS3's which im pretty impressed with or Goodyear F1 A2's or even gsd3's.

If you dont need super grip they will do you fine :thumbs: In bigger sizes they make more sense as then they get silly cheap e.g. 224/40/18 £75 each compared to double that or more for anything like it.

i use them on the jag as i have 20" wheels, been more than happy with the falkens, and at that e options are limited. if i had the cash i'd put more expensive tyres on, but the pirellis that come as standard are just shy of £2k i paid alot less for the falkens put it that way, but they more than meet my needs.

as has been said above, they are a mid range, and the lowest value of tye i'd stick on a car. but they haven't let me down yet.

ultrac seesantas are worth a look, again another mid range, but i'd say a little better than the 452's

Conti 5s are good, and from what i've heard PS3's are the mac daddy.

For 20's falkens IMO is a no brainer they will be silly cheap and they work so much better at lower profiles 40 and under. Well they aren't as bouncy or distort as much. Is it me or side on they look funny? It's like a badly shaped sidewall/shoulder?