Upgrade

Builder49

Been upgraded from Z Newbie, to Z hopeful..... What does that mean? lol

Pick the car up on Monday afternoon, so will post pics asap.

Its a black on black 06 with GT. pretty much everything as standard. 280bhp, so not sure if that means it's pre- facelift but late registered? Uk car registered in April 2006.

Will be partnered on my driveway with a 61 (on private plate) Navara Tekna Connect..

One for work, the baby is purely for pleasure.... :teeth:

Can't wait :yahoo:

Thanks for the tips re facelift or not. As I don't know the look of a pre facelift or a facelift model then I don't know if it has nicer plastics or not? Will have to shove a load of pics on here to bore you all senseless and to get an opinion from you all.

Tax is £400 and something, but not sure exactly how much as I negotiated 6 months tax in the deal... Still not sure if I got a good deal or not, but hey-ho, too late now! (Paid just over £7500 with a 12 month warranty and 6 months tax)

Standard wheels, so might look for some Rays as they look nice. Don't know anything about mechanics, so imagined I'd just buy it as a long term purchase to have as a weekend car, but having seen all the posts on this excellent forum I already want upgraded wheels, Black roof lining, clear side reflectors with wired in LED's, stainless exhaust of some description, etc, etc, etc. LOL

Looks like I'm either on a quick learning curve, or a load of garage expense paying someone to do it all for me. Ha ha..

If anyone reads this and is local to me with decent knowledge I'll drive it to you at some point for some tips.

Paul

Cheers guys.... Yep deffinitely pre-facelift.

Either way I'm happy. Don't feel like I've overpaid looking at autotrader pricers generally, but it is a higher mileage one I've bought. reckon I'll only do about 4000 a year in it though as the Navara is my main daily ride, so as I intend keeping the Zed a while I shouldn't be out of pocket???

Excited about picking her up now, then the enjoyment really begins.

Thanks for the pictorial help Dave :thumbs:

And thanks for the offer of a look over Dr Austin, will deff take you up on your kind offer (Sawston will be a nice drive out), although not sure if I like the modifications on the rear end of your Zed? It is a nice blue, but lost some of the normal roadster lines !!!!!! :lol:

Any other expert viewers will be gratefully welcomed.... Im a bl**dy good builder, but rubbish with motors, so as I already have MODitus I'm gunna be needing advice and help.......

Thanks guys again.

Either way I'm happy. Don't feel like I've overpaid looking at autotrader pricers generally, but it is a higher mileage one I've bought. reckon I'll only do about 4000 a year in it though as the Navara is my main daily ride, so as I intend keeping the Zed a while I shouldn't be out of pocket???

And thanks for the offer of a look over Dr Austin, will deff take you up on your kind offer (Sawston will be a nice drive out), although not sure if I like the modifications on the rear end of your Zed? It is a nice blue, but lost some of the normal roadster lines !!!!!! :lol:

Any other expert viewers will be gratefully welcomed.... Im a bl**dy good builder, but rubbish with motors, so as I already have MODitus I'm gunna be needing advice and help.......

Thanks guys again.

When modding leave the sledgehammer in the shed................... ;)

I might have it Dave, but probably will never back it up.... Really have no idea about car mechanics. Always bought new before, but with the wife having left, kids grown up, new Navara on the drive, I thought it was time to treat myself to something good looking and fast.... (bit like the Mrs was when I met her!)

If I do anything to the car it will be simple things like cleaning, installing petrol, and maybe nice wheels (although I quite like the standard ones). Just hoping its as nice as it looks when I get it home? Seemed ok to drive, but like I said I'm no expert and the trader might have seen me coming?

Thanks guys again.

When modding leave the sledgehammer in the shed................... ;)

Don't use a sledge hammer..... I'm the boss of the company, the labourers get the heavy work :lol: