Kinetix velocity intake manifold installed.

GT4 Zed

I finally got one more piece of the jigsaw (Soon to be named project bumblebee) in the form of the kinetix velocity intake manifold yesterday and promptly installed it on the zed. took the opportunity to change my old plugs which have been in for about 30K miles and they looked a sorry state :scare: This was my second set of Denso iridiums they where so i wonder what the platinums OEM would have been like :surrender: NGK iridium 1 step colder in compliment the next part of my project.Had a large box delivered with this inside and an MREV 2 (up for sale ;)

Shinny, lightwieght and better designed than the old SSV that had dodgy welds. This has equal length tuned runners for more torque and hp with velocity stacks in side and an overall bigger chamber volume than the stock plenum.

332b2c3d.jpg

0497d0a8.jpg

Out with the old:

48615f46.jpg

42e5031b.jpg

Took the oportunity to clean the Tb which was well greasy and sticky with blowby oil :surrender:

TB before & after:

7aa793f4.jpg

d1ee554f.jpg

Few plugs close up :surrender: My advice would be to change plugs at 15k interval max if tracking the car.

cc5f26d3.jpg

4e18231d.jpg

Installed. Very is easy and fits perfect. Did this at night with sinle light source B) . The car idles and pulls smoothly and strong like with the MREV2 and spacer but and induction and exhaust note is now deeper. You can hear the air rushing in distinctly!

51c50e69.jpg

579e45b6.jpg

Thanks chaps :thumbs: With keyser around one cannot help to have inspiration to modify stuff. It was a matter of time and getting the right kit for the right price. I am happy with how i have evolved the car up to this point and its now ready for more power.

Unfortunately this will not stay shinny for long as it will all be powdercoated matt black.

So you are right there Stew :p I have snagged a SC! Vortech V2 T trim. Install will be sometime in early May as I am getting some custom things made for it and will take time and more money :blush:

I love the simplicity of the vortech but hate the aeroplane whine!!!.

So I'm getting a custom CAI made and relocating the BPV such that I can recirculate into the CAI and kill the noise.

Also getting a single hard pipe made from compressor to TB with integrated MAF port rather than the 2 seperate pipes on both sides of the MAF housing like in the OEM vortech setup which looks weird and potential areas for boost leak. Chris and Sam, I would pm some details about this if you are interested. Strafe auto used to make this but stopped.

Anyway the whole kit will be powdercoated matt black, all hose couplers swapped black and black t-bolt clamps to replace the jubilees , even the supercharger housing and intercooler are going black for a subtle look :teeth: I need a quieter exhaust now for the perfect sleeper B)

Daren, I am working on the exhaust. Should have been sporting militek's if not of you

;) Will told me how you swooped in for his :teeth:

I will not bother with dynoing this since i'm not staying NA. Once everything comes together I will start a build thread. I have loads of parts to fit and will just post up as I go along for now.

Next up is oil cooler, oil pan spacer and thermostatic sandwich plate.

Nice idea or simpler with an rpm dependent exhaust valve. There and simple to install plug and plays kits I have seen in the past.

It should be easy to debling polished hardpipes. I favour blasting then primer and powdercoat for a chip free solution. The intercooler will require special thin thermal dispersant paint like with black OEM radiators.

Yup factory or any other bar will clear. I am powdercoating with my wheels at the sametime hence not installed now.

Will be glad to help with guidance as the manual is pants.

One more feature about the Kinetix is the coolant bypass from the TB (to prevent TB butterfly valve freezing). This is unnecessary in the UK as we dont see extreme and long winters so it just increase your IATs for nothing loosing a few ponies here and there. Always wanted to buy the motordyne CCV to bypass the coolant and no need for that now :p

Bennet + plugs = :headhurt:

Funny enough he'd installed the leads onto the correct plugs. I think at Wales Bennett was just testing Darren's ability to seek out the problem :lol:

Have to say the sound of the Kinetix taking a good all mighty gulp of air is rather nice Psssshhttt!!!!

But then you'll struggle to hear it because of the earth shattering K1. Boy that car of yours needs a clean. Good to see you yesterday Bennett.

Ouch a k1 lol, my hearing is just about coming back... Going to lose it again soon though lol

It took Will over six months to regain his hearing after Bennett removed his bungs at Wales last year. There should be a health warning on his car! ;)

Ouch a k1 lol, my hearing is just about coming back... Going to lose it again soon though lol

It took Will over six months to regain his hearing after Bennett removed his bungs at Wales last year. There should be a health warning on his car! ;)

Lmao my k1 never had the bungs in it either but I only last a couple of months with it hahaha

If the k1 fitted correctly first time it would be an awesome exhaust. It's thick stainless steel and the welds are good. My one sat squint which is probably the biggest reason I sold it because.