Does Convertible not get 313 engine?

maxi-glasgow

Just I have seen quite a few 57 plate and 08 plate roadsters and none seem to have bulge bonnet so thought perhaps they didn't roll out to the convertible for some reason.

If I was going to take the plunge with an 06 or newer I think I would want a 313 to warrant the extra expense of the tax :D

Went for test drive yesterday in a new 370 but that might just be a bit more than I wanted to pay.

Was very nice indeed but I don't know if it's my memory or not but I thought you heard the engine growl from the V6 more in the 350.

Can any of the 370 owners confirm this?

They certainly do come with the 313 engine. Ive got one. :thumbs:

But the roadsters are very rare in general. When I was looking there were only 3 within 100 miles of my house for sale. I recall looking at some sales figures on the net and for my year (2007) there were only about 150 roadsters sold in the UK. If I remember correctly, I think the figure was something like 1500 350z roadsters sold in the UK in total, which is a fraction of the amount of coupes out there.

With the engine growl... i seem to remember reading somewhere that Nissan "tuned" the exhaust to make it sound good on the roadster ones with the roof down. Not sure what that actually meant!

With the engine growl... i seem to remember reading somewhere that Nissan "tuned" the exhaust to make it sound good on the roadster ones with the roof down. Not sure what that actually meant!

Caroline has got one too :thumbs: , funny you should mention the different sound, Will350Z had a drive of Caroline's car and commented how the exhaust note sounded throatier, I'd just put this down to less noise insulation :)

Pete

Caroline has got one too :thumbs: , funny you should mention the different sound, Will350Z had a drive of Caroline's car and commented how the exhaust note sounded throatier, I'd just put this down to less noise insulation :)

Pete

Yup it sounded lovely :)

The 370 is very quiet compared to the 350. That's why most opt for an aftermarket exhaust, just to make it sound a little better!

Yup i struggled to hear the exhaust on my 370 when i had the roof down, definitely will be changing that

There are around 1450 convertible zeds in the whole country compared to 5700 coupes. Out of these only around 300-350 have the 313 engine - pretty damn rare.

Is that sales figures? Or does that take in to account numbers written off over the years?

There are around 1450 convertible zeds in the whole country compared to 5700 coupes. Out of these only around 300-350 have the 313 engine - pretty damn rare.

Is that sales figures? Or does that take in to account numbers written off over the years?

That's according to the latest figures taking into account exports/imports, written off and SORN cars.

To the OP - ive just been looking on ebay and theres a couple of 313 roadsters on there. Your looking at about 13k upwards atm.

There's a Temper Orange one on there for 11.2k, not to everyone's taste but I like it :thumbs: . Just browsing through the Zeds I put them into order by price...the second most expensive 350 Zed is a 56 Coupe, I think the dealer is deluded if he thinks he's going to get £14.5k plus for it :lol: I think he must have picked up a 3 year old Glass's guide ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-Nissan-3 ... 075wt_1396

Pete

To the OP - ive just been looking on ebay and theres a couple of 313 roadsters on there. Your looking at about 13k upwards atm.

There's a Temper Orange one on there for 11.2k, not to everyone's taste but I like it :thumbs: . Just browsing through the Zeds I put them into order by price...the second most expensive 350 Zed is a 56 Coupe, I think the dealer is deluded if he thinks he's going to get £14.5k plus for it :lol: I think he must have picked up a 3 year old Glass's guide ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-Nissan-3 ... 075wt_1396

Pete

If he thinks he can get £14.5 for that 2006 non 313 model, then that makes my car worth about £18k with all the extra bits mine has over that one. Makes you wonder indeed where some of these people get their prices from. Id say that one is maybe worth about £10.5 or £11 at a very strong push. He may just be trying his luck with the sunny weather.

Temper orange is a cracking colour. Really nice!