Britemax Metal Twins

BulletMagnet

Seeing as the temps are starting to rise again, the winter rubber needed to be taken off and the Volks put back on.

But since I attended the Grasshopper Meet with the Volks on and then swapping them back without much cleaning, I had some tarnished lips (yet again :headhurt: )

Added the Britemax Metal Twins to a recent order at i4detailing (Last Touch Detailer was running out :) )

britemax_twinsf2011013921.jpg

And I gotta say, I am impressed how well it worked.

Before

42b903f6.jpg

After

f95f6e44.jpg

Sealed with Poorboys Wheel Sealant

Thanks for looking

Hmm, my gts have a bit of corrosion where the lip meets the face, this definitely safe on volks?

Just a heads up, my Volks are bare metal, no anodization layer to protect anymore (Volks lips aren't laquered btw)

You should check whether its actually corrosion or hard watermarks and then use a claybar to see if it will shift

Just a heads up, my Volks are bare metal, no anodization layer to protect anymore (Volks lips aren't laquered btw)

You should check whether its actually corrosion or hard watermarks and then use a claybar to see if it will shift

Yeah i think I remember you mentioning you got them refurbed.

I'm tempted to try a more aggressive clay bar, but sonus won't remove it. Hmm, oh well.

They look great BM.

It always concerns me how easily a premium priced product tarnishes so easily. :blush:

Well, it was kinda my fault really. Remember back when I used Bilberry neat on them and thus basically destroyed the protective layer?

If I hadn't done that, then I guess they'd still be in their original condition today :blush: