Snakappeal

Topcat

Snakappeal.co.uk

Anybody heard of this company?

My brother has convinced himself to set up a franchise with them, I don't see how selling sweets for charity can generate £700 per week income for 1 person!

They look to be genuine, but I'm just concerned he's setting himself up to be scamme?

Seen similar box's of sweets around in various locations, and many differing companies doing a similar thing. I maybe wrong but isnt the market slightly flooded?

I would assume that he will have to go to offices factories, garages, health clubs etc to ask if he can place a box of goodies on the counter :shrug:

Has he got the "sales" attitude and confident in approaching other business's on a "cold call".

Maybe a huge more research is needed by your brother, do some leg work and see how many other similar things are about, think he will be suprised.

Then there is the "take it now, pay later" customer, who never pays!

Wrong choice IMO....but good luck to him :thumbs:

Pretty much what I've said to him, he's recently unemployed and a bit down in the dumps, I don't want him wasting his savings on nothing.

He isn't the sales kind of guy, but is confident he can make it work.

It's a big risk, but I guess if it pays. Off then.he'll be laughing.

Certainly more research required on his behalf. Just seems to good to.be true to.me.

If it seems too good to be true then it probably is :wacko: How many places does he need to have the product in to make £700 per week for HIMSELF? Thats probably the figure for the top sales guy, don't forget these companies make money from it too so how much are they making a week from your brother's take!!!?

If he's not into sales then walk away from this one would be my advice, have a look at something a bit more service oriented would be my advice, what are his skill sets, can he apply them to a more suitable franchise.

Just my two penny worth

We have these in my office, and the first couple of weeks they came in litrally all the sweets were gone in like 2 days, so he was refilling twice a week, so thats prob about 30-50 packs sold a week at £1 each. (our office only has 60 people in so its small!)

So i could see if you had a few offices you could start to real in the cash. However now in our office (2 or 3 months on) i never see them sold out and i barely see people eating them.

TBH im also a little dissapointed that someone is making money from it, i stupidly thought it was a charity thing that was run by volunteers and I imagine alot of people do...personally im not sure how i would feel morally doing it if i was making a packet doing it.

Why does he need to buy into a franchise? He could do this himself simply by a little market research on products & pricing then cold calling around his local area. When i was 19 (loooong time ago) my dad bought me a Ford Transit van that i used to start up a moblie fruit & veg shop that i built up over several years. I eventually finished that around 12 years later due to ill health but at that point i was earning at least £700 a week and had acheived that for the previous 5 years. No fancy franchise that took a percentage of my earnings nor was i forced into an overpriced leased vehicle. That was hard work especially when you could knock 100 doors to have them close in your face!!

A mate of mine recently took on a Chips Away franchise against my advice, i think he's now around £40k out of pocket as it didn't work out for him :scare:

Tell him to start a business that interests him personally as if it's something he enjoys then it's far more likely to work. I got used to cold calling but when i finally did build a solid customer base life was so much easier, takes time and hard work but at least you reap the benefits rather than giving it to someone else!!

Dave.

Why does he need to buy into a franchise? He could do this himself simply by a little market research on products & pricing then cold calling around his local area. When i was 19 (loooong time ago) my dad bought me a Ford Transit van that i used to start up a moblie fruit & veg shop that i built up over several years. I eventually finished that around 12 years later due to ill health but at that point i was earning at least £700 a week and had acheived that for the previous 5 years. No fancy franchise that took a percentage of my earnings nor was i forced into an overpriced leased vehicle. That was hard work especially when you could knock 100 doors to have them close in your face!!

A mate of mine recently took on a Chips Away franchise against my advice, i think he's now around £40k out of pocket as it didn't work out for him :scare:

Tell him to start a business that interests him personally as if it's something he enjoys then it's far more likely to work. I got used to cold calling but when i finally did build a solid customer base life was so much easier, takes time and hard work but at least you reap the benefits rather than giving it to someone else!!

Dave.

Good advice, he's looking for a short cut to making a quick buck and I fear it won't work out for him.