Whats your crappest mod ever?

Ricey

Come on, own up.......I was reminicing about my Seat Ibiza (first car I ever chav'verized) the my amazing home made modifications.

Was it the bright Saxo blue plastic lip on the bumper? No

Was it the centre part of the steering wheel sprayed silver with the Seat sign painted with blue caliper paint? No

Was it the hideous bright blue seat covers? No

It was the christmas when I got a blue sweet wrapper from the Quality Street, peeled the foil off the back, took the interior courtesy light bulb out and carefully taped the wrapper around it, secured with a slither of electrical tape. Glowing blue baby!

B)

Lasted a month until it burnt to a crisp.

...on my first car, a 1.0L 'sport back' mk1 Polo...which came with colour coded burgandy wheel hubs...I 'came across' a wooden gear knob and electric aerial which I fitted - dead proud I was - looked crap it did. Althought the aerial was not that bad, just that it was worth more than the car :lol:

I robbed some 6x9s from a Cavalier in a scrap yard to put in the back of my first Nissan Micra.

It was only when I changed cars years later that I noticed all my cds sounded totally different. The answer? the Cav speakers didn't have any tweeters in them, so I'd been listening to all my music with the top 25% of the frequencies cut off! :lol:

The bass was great though...

On my first car, my Saxo.. I initially resisted Chavvy mods. But the one thing I did do to it was awful. Bought some 'racing pedals' from Halfords. Had to drill the original ones to fit them, and when they were on, they were so close together that you could hardly press an individual pedal without touching the one next to it! Saxo pedals are close enough as it is! But hey, I thought they looked 'cool' at the time :lol:

I once tried to re-upholster my Mini seats........... failed miserably. I ended up buying a staple gun and had to keep fixing the seams in emergencies. Eventually I just got some seat covers :lol:

My mate had a Caviler which leaked like a sieve, so the rear foot wells were always wet.... so he grew Grass instead of getting mats. He even cut a watered it in the summer. Although this seemed like a good idea, the foot wells did not take long to rust away so large amounts of tarmac could be seen whilst driving :scare:

:lol:

I once tried to re-upholster my Mini seats........... failed miserably. I ended up buying a staple gun and had to keep fixing the seams in emergencies. Eventually I just got some seat covers :lol:

My mate had a Caviler which leaked like a sieve, so the rear foot wells were always wet.... so he grew Grass instead of getting mats. He even cut a watered it in the summer. Although this seemed like a good idea, the foot wells did not take long to rust away so large amounts of tarmac could be seen whilst driving :scare:

:lol:

Thats the best thing i've ever heard! grass instead of mats :lol:

errrmmmm

i fit a Seat Leon splitter to my Ibiza FR it was to big so i jsut hacksawed the ends off :D

First car - I was 17/18 - needed cheap -- so don't laugh

a 950cc Talbot Samba - bright red, painted the steel wheels white and fitted massive rally spotlights + a rev counter pod

I'm sure it went faster and rolled round corners better after that :blush::lol:

I've never done a bad mod to any of my cars. Ever.

Well, except the chrome slats on the side intakes on my MR2. They were a bit naff.

Or maybe the two offcuts of timber I used to screw a fire extinguisher bracket into on said MR2. Desperately needed something to hold it in place.

Nor the spraying of the dash pod in Cheapo-Silver spray paint, again on the MR2. Looked like a 6-year old had been let loose with a can of paint for the first time, and given a bunch of Jelly Babies and told to go crazy.

I "remodelled" my dash on a Cortina MK5 I had many years ago - new dials a huge graphic equaliser some extra gauges and lights that basically told me other lights were on (before the days of LED's) had those illuminated toggle switches and everything!

Downside - It looked bloody awful and I had to hang a cloth over it at night as it was so bright I couldn't see out of the windscreen properly! :bangin:

I think my workmanship has improved - not sure about my taste though :blush:

I liked my worst mod, turned out to almost be a major disaster though :blush: . Bought a set of gauges for my Sunbeam Stiletto, Vacuum, Water temp and Oil pressure. The first 2 went well, but the oil line that came with that gauge wasn't long enough to reach where the engine is. No problem, I obtained an identical piece of pipe and joined them together using a small length of plastic tubing. Went well until one night I hit a stretch of road that was under repair at 60mph and the pipe became undone. Spotted it straight away, stopped and switched the engine off. The thing was though that the join was inside the car, under the carpet in fact and boy did it make a mess. What made it worse was that the carpets were a sort of fawn colour, had to get them dry cleaned in the end :lol:

Pete

I've never done a bad mod to any of my cars. Ever.

Well, except the chrome slats on the side intakes on my MR2. They were a bit naff.

Or maybe the two offcuts of timber I used to screw a fire extinguisher bracket into on said MR2. Desperately needed something to hold it in place.

Nor the spraying of the dash pod in Cheapo-Silver spray paint, again on the MR2. Looked like a 6-year old had been let loose with a can of paint for the first time, and given a bunch of Jelly Babies and told to go crazy.

i put a fibreglass border front bumper on my mk2 mr2, was a snow plough at winter, it got torn to shreds :lol:

I have done dozens of crap mods.... I made 3 (yes 3) different arm rests which all looked gash....

Maybe not all crap but I have had

6 different exhaust / intake combo's

5 different handbrake / gear knob / gaiter combos

2 RSW carbon kits and a CF wrap before that

so not so much crap as just changeable :blush: