Trip to Wales!

waltzinblack

Went to see my Nan in Hereford today... she suggested taking the car up to the Elan Valley (and she knows someone in Rhayader anyway) so we went! Round trip from London > Hereford > Wales and back again :drive1

Anyway, some of you will recognise the scenery from the Fifth Gear review of the HR Zed. I took the opportunity to take a few pics of my own. I'm no photographer and they are only from an iPhone but enjoy them anyway!

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

Thanks for the kind words, shame I didn't have a good camera with me though really!

The roads round there are really epic, but I was mainly just cruising along enjoying the view:

1) Because my Nan was in the car and she didn't fancy the steep drops into water!

and 2) it was raining ever so slightly, and the little iron fences cordoning off 60ft drops made ME want to be cautious! Downside of that was that tyres and brakes were bone cold, so if I did see a particularly fun looking twisty bit.. the car didn't exactly feel at it's best anyway!

Nevertheless it was a good day. And was particularly nice for my Nan as her late gentleman friend grew up in the farm at the bottom of the first dam. And it also gave her an opportunity to visit his stone in Rhayader cemetery. And strangely enough, for a 76 year old woman, she wasn't too phased by the 3rd gear overtaking on the road back!

When there's another meet down that way I will try my best to attend!