Car Audio Centre

agentsmith350

Hi Guys ,

Anyone had dealings with Car Audio Centre before ? I ordered a new headunit earlier this week but it is on a weeks back order so called to cancel it today as i need it for Wedsday. They have already took the money and after reading a few reviews online noones a good word to say about them , Im a bit dubious about buying another now incase they don’t refund and im left with no money in my account !

Dom

Hi Dom

Not had dealings with these guys personally (they seem large enough with a few stores);

According to their Ts+Cs - they can only charge you (if you are happy to wait for the product to come into stock!); if not - they are legally obligated to cancel the order; they should not be charging you, IF out of stock - unless you already agreed to wait?

Availability

If for any reason beyond our reasonable control, we are unable to supply a particular item, we will notify you as soon as possible. Payment will be taken for out of stock products to secure stock, only if you are happy to proceed with the order and agree to wait for the product.

Which HU were you looking to get? I just purchased my Kenwood DDX4028BT (which is listed at £309.99 on Car Audio Centre), but I only paid £254.99 from a more reliable ICE supplier.

Hope you can get this sorted out quickly, and order your goods from elsewhere.

Mark

Thanks Mark :)

Just been on the phone and have confirmation that the order is cancelled , Its a JVC AVX840 i was buying , the next price up is £376.99 from CarAudioSecurity's eBay account -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JVC-KW-AVX840 ... 1620wt_648

So i am thinking il just order it from there , only buggering about i need to do is that they dont list the ipod cable on the eBay account were the headunit is cheaper than online site but do list the lead on the official site

Dom

Arrrghh 12 Noon cutoff on deliverys !

:scare: Couldnt see any bad stuff on Car Audio Security !

Used them before and were finem to be honest , plus went via eBay so will have a fair bit of comeback if they mess me about. called first and they said they are in stock too. Still at work so all this googling may be pushing it , will spend a bit of time looking when im home.

To be fair to CAC they were fine about refund and iv had an email saying the refund has been paid within 20 mins of the phonecall, Could be a different story when i check my balence though :blush:

CAC are extremely bad company, I dont know how they are still going!! They have been doing scams for years and years now. Their website lists products they dont stock, they even list brands that they have never stocked and never will! I've spoken to sales reps for the actual brands and they have told me that their products have never been available to CAC yet they still list them as available! Usually they will let you order it, then phone you to say its out of stock but they can offer you a better product for the same price - of course this "better" product is complete tosh and something they have a massive markup on.

You are lucky you got your money back to be honest.

CAS are fine however, not had any problems with them in the past and plenty of my friends have bought products from them with no problems. A couple of my friends are even on their trade list :)

I had no problem with CAC when I ordered my AVX840 back in September, the guy on the phone even price matched the wrong model, the 740, so I got it for £330 + delivery :lol:

Only thing missing is the steering wheel controls which at the time no one had the correct lead in stock as JVC decided to bring out a headunit without the correct steering wheel control lead, muppets! Still need to get one bought and fit it!

I've had no problem with CAC but then I have always gone and collected things that have been put by for me, never ordered blind...

The steering wheel adapter is sorted now although I think my actual steering control unit needs updating, it has frozen a couple of times when I have been adjusting the volume from the steering wheel :thumbdown: mine is version 1.9 and when I emailed ICT they said that I needed the newer version :doh:

The steering wheel adapter is sorted now although I think my actual steering control unit needs updating, it has frozen a couple of times when I have been adjusting the volume from the steering wheel mine is version 1.9 and when I emailed ICT they said that I needed the newer version

Dave,

My “Stalk Adapter†is running V.2.14 - not fitted yet, but arrived this week (ICT 29-674)

Mark

The steering wheel adapter is sorted now although I think my actual steering control unit needs updating, it has frozen a couple of times when I have been adjusting the volume from the steering wheel mine is version 1.9 and when I emailed ICT they said that I needed the newer version

Dave,

My “Stalk Adapter†is running V.2.14 - not fitted yet, but arrived this week (ICT 29-674)

Mark

That should be fine Mark, ICT told me the latest version was V2.13 as I say mine is V1.9 and it works but if you flick the volume a few times quickly it can lock up which is obviously a PITA :rant:

6c1df399.jpg?t=1328892304

Dave

After Paypal restricting my account for trying to use it lol fingers crossed thats everything sorted via CAS , still cant see why iv had to buy them seperatly to save money but hey ho

CAS are ok but not that cheap and postage is usually silly. CAC stay away from. CAD is the best :thumbs: