Gaining intrest

leodspider

Hey guys, I'm not sure if someone is currently planning something like this but heres the proposition "dragons den theme".

Basically me and my mate have been planning to make gear knobs of different style, if i can gain enough interest me and my mate will be gathering materials and equipment. basically I'm looking at peoples opinion, of what styles and what people will pay for it max, we will be making it universal fitment, so theirs no need to get rid of it when you change cars etc etc. i reckon we can personalise it depending on the complexity of the design. The material we will be starting off with is alloy, stainless steel, brass and nylon. WIth currently metal prices i think the gear knobs will be priced between £30-45, again depending on size, shape and material. So whats everyones thoughts , or suggestions. This is a genuine feeler thread and a serious idea for a business venture.

Thanks for your time, Leo

Only prob with it is. At 45 quid your getting into NISMO territory. Can buy one from eBay or tarmac for a bit extra. I know that's prob gonna be the high end. But its great to offer some variety! :thumbs:

Is nismo not normally £80 odd quid?

Jay the one on the link you posted sure is nice, but titanium is currently a bit out of reach as the prices are a tad too much, maybe if this gets off te ground, then I can work something out. I reckon we could make

A similar effect with stainless, only burn it so it has a similar effect.

At the moment the alloy prices seems resonable, I reckon the only way we can make it different is to personalise them somehow.