Couple of quick questions.

kiingsi

I'm gathering all the bits and bobs for I say a service but a complete overhaul really all fluids, coolant, oils, filters, spark plugs, braided brake and clutch hoses, etc.. hopefully will feel like a new car :teeth:

1. Has anyone tried shell helix oil in their zed compared to what seems to be peoples favourites usually silkolene pro-s (Titan S) and Royal purple and so on, if so how does it compare?

I used it before(not in my zed), and there was a noticable difference over what was in, very smooth.

2. I've been doing a lot of research and for the brake and clutch fluid RBF 600/660 seems to be coming up tops every time but have some doubts. I have heard that motul fluid collects moisture easily and effects the braking power after a while and can need changing often in some cases.

I don't drive my car that often to be honest, hard pushed if I do 300 mile a month am I just been over parranoid?

Stopping kinda appeals to me :drive1

Oil is pretty much oil TBH as long as its fully synth and it's got the right spec 5-30 it will be fine. Silkolene is nice but I change my oil pretty regularly so it doesn't matter to much to me.

Why not try castrol SRF or what ever it's called now. It's pretty pricey so the motul stuff might be worth it and changed each year?

I think it really makes little difference if you have an older car? If it ran on sainsburys own brand oil for 60k miles sticking Mobil 1 in it now isn't going to repair the damage...I guess it prevents further damage but won't feel like a new car I would have thought?

I think it really makes little difference if you have an older car? If it ran on sainsburys own brand oil for 60k miles sticking Mobil 1 in it now isn't going to repair the damage...I guess it prevents further damage but won't feel like a new car I would have thought?

Sainsburys own brand could have been made by a big supplier and just been rebranded. Mobil

1 isn't very good anymore too ;)