My IMac fell off the coffee table

ATTAK Z

My little grand daughter (aged 5) was using my Mac a couple of weeks ago and managed to push it off the coffee table which ended up in me having to take it to Meadowhall to get it fixed

Anyway £172.00 later it has come back today with a new Hard Drive so my question is:

Is there any way I can get data (jpegs etc.) off the old defunct Hard Drive ? :)

PM doogy, I'm sure there is some software that will do that from a damaged disc that he might know about :)

My little grand daughter (aged 5) was using my Mac a couple of weeks ago and managed to push it off the coffee table which ended up in me having to take it to Meadowhall to get it fixed

Anyway £172.00 later it has come back today with a new Hard Drive so my question is:

Is there any way I can get data (jpegs etc.) off the old defunct Hard Drive ? :)

if the disc is physically damaged then you need to send it away for specialized treatment, don't know how much that might be ?

i had a hard drive fail on me the other month, luckily i got all my pictures back and have now made a few backups on 2 hard drives, 1 NAS and a few dvds :teeth:

if the disc is physically damaged then you need to send it away for specialized treatment, don't know how much that might be ?

i had a hard drive fail on me the other month, luckily i got all my pictures back and have now made a few backups on 2 hard drives, 1 NAS and a few dvds :teeth:

If you hot send it for data extraction, then it's gonna be expensive, they charge by the GB

If you hot send it for data extraction, then it's gonna be expensive, they charge by the GB

But then if its the only copy of photos etc, then well worth it than loosing them :surrender::headhurt:

Always make at least 2 redundant backups of data. My photos live on my laptop, NAS and online backup :blush: