F1 - Silverstone 2012

marzman

Hey all...

I've never been to the F1 before and i really want to go to Silverstone this year...

Am i too late to buy tickets for this year's race? Where's the best place to buy them from?

Also, can anyone give me any useful details such as where to sit, what to expect, best way to get there etc etc?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers.

Tickets look to be available :thumbs: .

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/events/201 ... b=Book-now

Been a while since I've been but the start finish straight offers some decent views but expect tickets to be expensive if in fact there are any left for this area. Another good place is the stand at the end of hangar straight, that's possibly the best place to see the cars for more than a few seconds. Last time I went just for the race traffic was horrendous, so leave early and expect delays when you leave. In past years the signposting for getting to Silverstone has been very good, I just drove down the M1 until I saw the signs then followed them. Providing there are no delays you should be able to get there in 2 hours 30 minutes keeping roughly to the speed limits. I always aimed to be there for 8 in the morning on race day so it was a half five set off :scare: . Last few times I went I towed the caravan I owned at the time down there on Thursday afternoon and came home Monday morning, never got too much sleep though :lol:

Pete

We live 10 minutes from Silverstone,and we write the weekend off going anywhere GP weekend. Just means i have to stay at home and cheer the boys on with a few beers! lol

We went to the race last year,and qualifying the year before that. I get tickets through work,though i dont think they are reduced much.

We get Club SIlverstone,which is actually a great place to watch from. You get to see alot of track action,through beckets and then through the new complex as well,Farm etc i think. Not sure if you can get tickets for that area,but if you can,its well worth the expense. Plus the food is better,though sill expensive,and the toilets are alot better.