ticking/tapping from rear of engine

theheff

hey guys,

i was having a look around the car the other day whilst sorting out squeaky pulleys. i noticed a tick tick tick noise which appeared to be coming from the rear of the engine, almost underneath the plenum whilst idling, it seems to go away when the engine is revved. my first thoughts were it sounded like a pump working or could be the injectors. any ideas, the noise could be heard from underneath swell, it appeared slightly louder but not sure if this was just caused by the enclosed nature of being under a car?

when i looked under the car i could here an infrequent hissing noise coming from towards the back of the car, could this be from the exhaust or maybe the fuel tank which may explain the injectors, if it is them?

cheers

yeah, i think so mate, would that explain the ticking noise in the engine bay aswell then?

Sorry I was talking about the ticking noise mate, unsure about the noise under the car. I'm sure somebody said it was the fuel tank breather or something but it's a vague memory. :thumbs: