Temp Gauge

DaddyCee

Hi All.

Just noticed that the temp gauge does seem to report minus figures ins that correct? Tis a 2007 350Z Roadster if that helps. Seems to be on '0C' when it was definitely colder than that this morning. Seems pretty pointless if it doesn't go below '0C'.

Cheers.

yup, both UK cars and JDM cars should show negative figures.

One thing that never fails to surprise me (as a person who has worked in temperatures as low as -50C and as high as +50C) is that people can band temperatures so closely together.

For many folks, -10 to +5 feels the same with no actual sense of difference.

Also, wind chill factor will make it feel much colder than it actually is without causing the cars temp reading to drop.

Before you start ripping the dash to bits, I'd compare the reading to another thermometer. We've had a hard frost here, but the temp only went down around -1, so easily around zero in a built up area etc. Has got to be easier than Nissan pulling your pants down. If you can confirm that the guage is mis-reading then a second-hand unit from the usual suspects would be your best bet.

I'm making a BIG assumption here. I'm assuming that the thermometer is supposed to tell you the temperature outside the car. If that's the case, there will be a sensor somewhere outside the car which feeds the temperature to the indicating gauge. The fault most likely lies with the sensor, so don't go rushing headlong into a replacement gauge.

well once again this morning the gauge never moved from 0C so I suspect something is broke.

anyone had a similar problem and know where to start to look to fix or is it best to go to a Nissan main stealer?

Cheers.

Ah this is funny, i thought the same a few weeks back and nearly posted asking the same question as some mornings its definately been showing -2 or -4 on my missus`s car but the zed was showing just zero degrees.

However... this week ive seen lots of minus temps on the zed, -3 the other night driving home from work.!!!

• 2 weeks later...