newbie got 1st 350z

JohnUKVetteNut

Hi

Finally picked up my new 2005 350Z fairlady..yes I know its an import but its what i wanted.

Its an auto and convertible, 29k miles and my drive home (140 miles) was flawless. drives like a new car, solid, very responsive ( steering and power) and everything felt "tight".Awsome brakes. Metalic silver colour.Will ;post photo asap. I cant stop driving it!

2 questions? My auto transmission has a 3 position switch near the gear lever which says "snow and power?

What does it control? my assumption is snow..reduced power output? mid position ....normal auto..and power..allows more revs before gearchange? Even a search on the web reveals no definitive answer. I am being cautious so have not yet attempted full power operation in any other position than mid one.

2nd question. car has bridgestone tyres ( about 4 mm left) and they are noisy. I will change tyres before winter but would like a quieter tyre? I am not an out and out pedal to metal driver but do use the power frequently. I have tried to read fully the tyre section but seems many different answers. So what tyres please? 225/50/17 front and 235/50/17 rears

Thank you JohnUKVetteNut (ex) now 350z nut

Welcome John, glad you got a car you're happy with, don't forget to post up some pic's :thumbs:

As for tyres the Bridgestone REO50's are good, the REO50A's are better. The Falken 452's and Vredestein Sessanta are popular among a lot of the forum members for value, grip and decent mileage life. The Michellin Pilot Sports seem to be the one's to go for if you want to splash a little extra loot on your rubber, although they are a bit softer and may wear more quickly

Normal is normal :lol:

Snow will take off in second, retard throttle input and not let you rev above about 4k. I found it more dangerous personally.

Power is fun ;) It will hold each gear longer, give you sharper throttle responce. It will accelerate in gear rather then kicking down. Makes it much nicer to drive and sharpens things up. There is no fuel consumption difference between them though not even snow :wacko: