Why Di Canio was a hero...

coldel

Yeah, Gerrard wasn't it the keeper? He collapsed on the touchline when clearing the ball, I think it was sinclair who crossed it as Di Canio was shouting no and he caught it and deliberately gave away a freekick :thumbs: Think he got an award from Everton for that!

A genuine football player, does it for the love of it, would have played for £10 a week unlike some.

Yeah, Gerrard wasn't it the keeper? He collapsed on the touchline when clearing the ball, I think it was sinclair who crossed it as Di Canio was shouting no and he caught it and deliberately gave away a freekick :thumbs: Think he got an award from Everton for that!

A genuine football player, does it for the love of it, would have played for £10 a week unlike some.

He used to stand with the ultras when he watched Lazio as a kid :dry: - mind you how many racists we got in the premier league at the moment ;) Can't deny what a player and what passion though and plays football as it should be played.

Some of my best memories

- That volley against Wimbledon

- Scoring against Barthez at old trafford whilst the keeper was calmly standing there saying he was offside (was at that game :thumbs: )

- Volley against chelsea from about 35 yards out

He used to stand with the ultras when he watched Lazio as a kid :dry: - mind you how many racists we got in the premier league at the moment ;) Can't deny what a player and what passion though and plays football as it should be played.

Some of my best memories

- That volley against Wimbledon

- Scoring against Barthez at old trafford whilst the keeper was calmly standing there saying he was offside (was at that game :thumbs: )

- Volley against chelsea from about 35 yards out

Got to agree he was always worth watching on the football field. That volleyed goal is still one of my all time favourites. It cracked me up when he pushed that referee who then did the stupidiest fall over ever seen. :lol:

Still one of the funniest things in football, the ref looked so stupid :lol: we used to have a great side then all our players were poached off us :thumbdown:

Got to agree he was always worth watching on the football field. That volleyed goal is still one of my all time favourites. It cracked me up when he pushed that referee who then did the stupidiest fall over ever seen. :lol:

Still one of the funniest things in football, the ref looked so stupid :lol: we used to have a great side then all our players were poached off us :thumbdown:

Im having a guess, wasn't it around the mid to late nineties you had Di Canio and Carbone in the same side - they were tremendous!

Im having a guess, wasn't it around the mid to late nineties you had Di Canio and Carbone in the same side - they were tremendous!

Celtic who? Is that a team that plays up north somewhere ;)

It certainly was, they were awesome, I would have just about been a teenager then and they were my heros. :thumbs::D

Celtic who? Is that a team that plays up north somewhere ;)

It certainly was, they were awesome, I would have just about been a teenager then and they were my heros. :thumbs::D