FAO Business owners who receive card payments

Hi - bit of advice wanted if poss

I want to start accepting payments via credit/debit cards as well as Paypal.. Does anyone use a card reader, I know you can get mobile ones just wondering if anyone has any good recommendations and what sort of charges you pay for the privelidge.

You can pm me if you don't want to post in public :pmtarmac:

Thanks in advance :thumbs:

Hi - bit of advice wanted if poss

I want to start accepting payments via credit/debit cards as well as Paypal.. Does anyone use a card reader, I know you can get mobile ones just wondering if anyone has any good recommendations and what sort of charges you pay for the privelidge.

You can pm me if you don't want to post in public :pmtarmac:

Thanks in advance :thumbs:

We have one in the office as well. Yes you pay per transaction, I think you also have to pay a monthly fee just to have one :shrug:

I will ask tomorrow :thumbs:

The best thing is to speak to your bank and see what they can offer you :thumbs: ........ I will just pop to the fridge now :blush:

We have one in the office as well. Yes you pay per transaction, I think you also have to pay a monthly fee just to have one :shrug:

The best thing is to speak to your bank and see what they can offer you :thumbs: ........ I will just pop to the fridge now :blush:

ha ha - beat you to it

ha ha - beat you to it

ha ha - beat you to it

:lol::lol: Bet I beat you to the fridge tho :lol:

ha ha - beat you to it

ha ha - beat you to it

yep - my hand's still on my mouse

ha ha - beat you to it

yep - my hand's still on my mouse

paypal is expensive, however, if you can arrange with your customer to mark it as a "gift" - then as far as I can recall - they don't charge

and

direct bank transfer is free !!! :yahoo:

paypal is expensive, however, if you can arrange with your customer to mark it as a "gift" - then as far as I can recall - they don't charge

and

I have worked with a company called Commidea on behalf of our clients who provide c&p terminals to take payments. U can rent a device on a monthly contract and u can manually key card details in over the phone.

Alternatively have a look into getting a PDQ machine, although I'm not sure what they link to...

I have worked with a company called Commidea on behalf of our clients who provide c&p terminals to take payments. U can rent a device on a monthly contract and u can manually key card details in over the phone.

Alternatively have a look into getting a PDQ machine, although I'm not sure what they link to...

i set up a business account which i don't mind passing the account details out on. so people can make payments in to it via online or phone banking. it has no overdraft and the cash only stops there temporarily before being moved on.

it works for me at the moment, but i'm not sure people could use a credit card with it.

i set up a business account which i don't mind passing the account details out on. so people can make payments in to it via online or phone banking. it has no overdraft and the cash only stops there temporarily before being moved on.

it works for me at the moment, but i'm not sure people could use a credit card with it.

and

This is true, however most buyers would prefer to use Paypal/Credit cards for the extra protection that they provide. If you mark the payment as a gift you lose their protection.......