Where would you want to go for a holiday??

gangzoom

Just come back from a 3 week trip in India I have to say the its probably one of the most beautiful counties I've been to so far. The Taj Mahal is the most magnificent man made structures I've ever seen and comes close to matching some of sights I saw in NewZeland. I took countless photos of it but none of them do it any justice, if anyone every gets the chance to go to India, you have to visit the Taj and see it in real life to appreciate the craftsmanship!! Anyways here are some pics, I took over 22 gigs in total :lol:

img7470yn.jpg

img7495i.jpg

wallxr.jpg

buggyzr.jpg

img7919s.jpg

img8166u.jpg

img8162f.jpg

img7753y.jpg

On the way back we stopped in Dubai for a few nights...amazing that can be accomplished when money is no object, saw more Ferraris, Porsches etc in one night than a decade in the UK, still the thing that struck me the most was the skyline, the Burj Khalifa really does make the place stand out, all of a sudden skyscraper in places in NewYork, Shanghai, Kuala Lumpur all seem a bit pathetic in comparison!!

img8814o.jpg

img8664j.jpg

I've been lucky the last couple of years, no kids and some wangling to get leave sorted meant in the last 12 months I've managed trips to NewZeland and India, next year doing Dubai again but going for longer probably than on to KL or HK or Kerala depending on time. China via the Singapore GP :yahoo: is also almost a certainty next year.

South America, and South Africa are 2 places I defiantly want to go the year after, than maybe Iceland but the wife thinks that would be too :cold: This got me thinking, would you rather spend £1K on mods for the car or £1K going to see another part of the world??

When I read the title I was gonna say Dubai but I'm glad u agree :lol:

Was there last year for my honeymoon can't wait to go back. Went up the burj al arab the viewing gallery is on something like the 125th floor and the lift gets there in less than a minute :scare:

Il see if I can find photos looking down from there

Australia was amazing as well

See you at the Singapore GP then - flights/accommodation booked as a 5 day stopover on the way to Oz :D

Are the tickets out yet? Cannot wait for it, loved going to Silverstone a couple of years ago, but the atmosphere in Singapore looks like its on another level :D

When I read the title I was gonna say Dubai but I'm glad u agree :lol: ......Il see if I can find photos looking down from there

The lift is pretty cool, given that the lift at work takes the same amount of time to do 4 floors :lol:. I took some pics at the top with a wide angle lens, its amazing to think only 20 - 30 years ago it was all desert!!

topyd.jpg

top1pd.jpg

I loved the Dubai skyline, its so surreal it might as well have come out of a comic book!!

dubai1.jpg

See you at the Singapore GP then - flights/accommodation booked as a 5 day stopover on the way to Oz :D

Are the tickets out yet? Cannot wait for it, loved going to Silverstone a couple of years ago, but the atmosphere in Singapore looks like its on another level :D

Yep- make sure you are sitting down when you look at this, or....... maybe you won't be sitting down at the GP :lol:

http://www.bookf1.com/f1-singapore/tickets.htm

I have pics of Dubai from about 10 to 15 years ago when my Dad started doing business there. Amazingly different now.

I've been to lots of strange places that you wouldn't want to go on holiday but each has had highlights.

Love the photos from the burj- can tell uv got a half decent camera I was using a nokia :lol:

The Dubai skyline is nice but not as surreal as shanghai- that looks like something out the jetsons! Also climbed that tower- ur at the lower side of the balls.... balls of the tower that is :headhurt: so quite scary cos there's nothing underneath you

shanghai_skyline_g.jpeg

Everyone has different tastes, personally I don't like cities, beaches, package holidays or crowds of people, I live in the countryside and that's where I take my holidays. I like the wide open spaces and natural beauty of Wyoming, South Dakota and Montana, the great deserts of Utah, Arizona and Nevada and the mountains of Colorado and New Mexico. So much to see it'd take several lifetimes to fit it all in :) .

Pete

Sounds like you had fun, Gang, did you meet the extended family...:)

It was great fun, still cannot understand how there aren't more accidents on the roads there with cows just wondering around, lorries going the wrong way down the lane, 4 cars all abreast on a 2 lane road!!

Started off in Patna which was essentially hasn't changed much in 20 years, the first 'shopping centre' only opened there 6 months ago. Ended up in Hyderabad which had a 12 lane highway that makes the M1 look like a B road, and a giant Microsoft building dwarfed our hotel. People there were panicking because GDP had fallen to 8% as compared to 9% 3 month earlier, it's a country of complete contrast, you have to get ur self there at some point to experience it!!

All depends what you want from a holiday really, some peopke want to relax and do nothing, others party 24/7 :shrug:

Personally I like to go to new places, see the sights and go a bit off track (if it's safe)

My favourite by a long way has been Egypt, stayed in Luxor and went to Cairo for a day, saw just about everything I wanted to, totally jaw dropping... not sure how it would be nowadays though....

Hmmm tough call that - I will no doubt go island hoping in Thailand every few years, been three times already and its a completely different experience each time. Actually if I were to pick a place to go, would probably go back to Japan and spend some time in Okinawa,I spent a lot of time visiting different parts of Japan when I lived there, never got the time to get to these islands though, they are meant to be amazing :thumbs:

I'm off to Australia via Singapore, in January.

a place I've been many times, I like to stopover in different country's on the way out there.

KL a few years back.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... cd157a8ab3

Hong Kong

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 196&type=1

Borneo

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 196&type=1